Single pilots (and I don't mean engine!)

mikevogler

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MikeV N3919W
I'm a 42 year old single (divorced) dad. I fly a PA32-260 and love to go places in it (rather than just flying around). I love Baja, the wine country and fly a lot around the south west. Anyone know where single women pilots hang out? :D

Single women pilots don't "hang out." They get snapped up immediately upon becoming available. It's a seller's market!

Single women pilots don't "hang out." They get snapped up immediately upon becoming available. It's a seller's market!

Unless they're heli pilots, in which case, if you really want to be with someone THAT crazy... be my guest.

:D (I kid I kid)

I'm a 42 year old single (divorced) dad. I fly a PA32-260 and love to go places in it (rather than just flying around). I love Baja, the wine country and fly a lot around the south west. Anyone know where single women pilots hang out? :D

Just answer the the ad that ends with "Send picture of airplane."

OK, so obviously you didn't learn anything in the divorce. Why would you want a pilot wife/girlfriend? That's just one more thing she can tell you that you are doing wrong - even if you are doing it right. Do what I did, get a dog.

If you're serious, join the babes and airplanes board. The ladies on that may not be all available, but I'd trust nearly all of them with good recommendations and introductions.

Ha! Ha! You guys are great! Maybe the dog really IS the way to go!!!!

Boy how true is that! I think theres about 9 girls in the whole aviation program here out of 100+ students. I don't believe any are single either.

I don't know where women hang out and I'm one of them....but half the people in POA know where I hang out at night! Haha Theres a bunch of nice ladies on here too but I'm not sure how many are just going to jump at the opportunity.

He could always check out FBO HOTTIES! This way, they're not pilots but they're around airplanes and probably don't mind traveling. Hahaha.

The moral of the story is it'll be easier to get a dog, at least until he finds someone special. Usually girls love animals and are attracted by airplanes so it might be a win win!

Tristan,

If only you were older...or me SIGNIFICANTLY YOUNGER! :D But that's the breaks and OSU is a LONG way from LA in a Six with a 135kts cruise!

PS. I checked out the Babes and Airplanes board (googled it) and it's really an old fashioned board (no pictures of Babes or Airplanes!) Perhaps I hit the wrong one?????

There are pictures if I remember right but they might be old. Its been a while since I typed a lot on there. Kinda migrated to POA after a while. Some of the same members are on here.

Used to be one hanging out at Kentucky Flying Service at Bowman Field in Louisville, but I married her.

Finding a woman who will tolerate your obsession (and if you are sufficiently into flying that you joined this group, it IS an obsession) is tough enough. When you start looking for her to enjoy and participate, you are really really really eliminating a large number of potential candidates for a mate. Those that remain are generally aware that they are a rarity, already have a (correct) high opinion of their own worth, and thus a male has to rise to the top of the crowd to be worthy. The GOOD news is that you aren't competing against all other male pilots, as there are many many of them who aren't passionate about flying, or who may not want a partner who is into flying, or other reasons that eliminate them from competition.

In a nutshell, you'll find a good dog a lot faster, but if you want to keep searching for the prize, I expect it will be worth your while, even if you never find her.

Around me...sorry. :rofl::rofl:

So, Senor Vogler, where do you hangar your Six?

The free copy of TAP I got at OSH had a personal ad you may want to check out.....

Pete

That is not a bad ratio, but then I was in the engineering program where it was two women to 100 men.

The sad thing is I know a few highly intelligent women who didn't want to go into engineering because they thought they couldn't cut it. All because the stereotype is that it's male dominated. :(

The sad thing is I know a few highly intelligent women who didn't want to go into engineering because they thought they couldn't cut it. All because the stereotype is that it's male dominated. :(
That's what they told you. In this day and age, a "male dominated" discipline is as much a motivator as what these women implied.

Why am I spending any time in responding to this? Because for one to blame another for their lack of achievement is the epitome of immaturity and foolishness. Further, to get you to question what people say before you walk away with the generalized perception that men keep women down.

That's what they told you. In this day and age, a "male dominated" discipline is as much a motivator as what these women implied.

Why am I spending any time in responding to this? Because for one to blame another for their lack of achievement is the epitome of immaturity and foolishness. Further, to get you to question what people say before you walk away with the generalized perception that men keep women down.
So does that mean you guys pick on us girls cuz you like us? Awww now I feel all warm inside, LOL.

Actually, I kinda thought flying was still somewhat male dominated when I started flying but for some reason that never phased me despite still feeling it every now and then when you're around a bunch of young cocky guys. Thankfully, I notice so far that most of them grow out of it. Despite whether the fact is true or not, some girls actually use it to push themselves to be the best they can. I've met great pilots coming from many backgrounds and genders.

Last edited:
So does that mean you guys pick on us girls cuz you like us? Awww now I feel all warm inside, LOL.

Of course we do... go watch kindergartners or first graders. Quite a few men never alter from those early patterns. There are all sorts of male bonding rituals around shared pain that never translate well into mixed-gender relationships - but still get used.

Of course we do... go watch kindergartners or first graders. Quite a few men never alter from those early patterns. There are all sorts of male bonding rituals around shared pain that never translate well into mixed-gender relationships - but still get used.
...some of us still haven't gotten out of the cootie stage. eeeeewww, cooooties! LOL

I think the idea of a dog is a good one... instead of a wife who is also a pilot...

After all, are you willing to risk giving up half of your aircraft if it doesn't work out? :dunno:

Because after the :blowingkisses: (kiss off), thats all you'll have left! :rofl:

Better think [aircraft] prenup! :D:D:D

(the afore written post is all in jest)

Back