Simple ...real simple Video Editor?

Murph

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Murph
Hey folks I need to do a short "how to" video , basically just cut out some stuff, and patch other in here and there..maybe edit the volume a little. So far all the "simple" editors I've looked ain't that simple to me..:confused:
Recommendations?

Hey folks I need to do a short "how to" video , basically just cut out some stuff, and patch other in here and there..maybe edit the volume a little. So far all the "simple" editors I've looked ain't that simple to me..:confused:
Recommendations?

What OS

Recommendations?
Assuming you are talking about Windows (I expect a Mac to have good video editing tools), it's really a shame they sunsetted MovieMaker. It really was simple to use. I kept looking for an as-easy replacement but after trying out a bunch that were free or with trials, I gave up the search and decided to accept the learning curve. I'm using the freeware ShotCut. It definitely took a while and I have a sticky that pops up when I load it reminding me how to do some of the things I do regularly with it, but it was worth the mental investment.

BTW, Apparently Microsoft bought out ClipChamp and there's a free version. I don't know how well it works, but it might be worth a try.

eman...dohhhhh Yeah Windows 10

...Mid...thanks for the direction , I'll look it up...

I was using Videopad and liked it until a later version kept crashing. Now I'm using Hitfilm which is a little more complex but also more capable (and doesn't crash).

The most entry level video editor that I think does a really good job but doesn't require monthly subscription and is simple enough for a complete novice is Wondershare Filmora.

really a shame they sunsetted MovieMaker. It really was simple to use.

Movie maker was bundled in Windows Essentials and MS no longer have it available for download. It definitely works in W7-10.

This microsoft forum says there is a copy on archive.org but I couldn't get it to work.

I have no idea why is says "Redirecting" here. It is just a link to Microsoft. If you hover over the link you will see the actual URL at the bottom of the screen in the status bar.

If you are feeling really brave I have the installer here. It's 130MB and I could mount it up on a google drive. I have taken great care not to lose it. I recently installed in on W10 and it works fine.

The file is signed by Microsoft and you could verify that yourself so I think it should be safe. I have no real idea about these signatures myself.

1695357234877.png

Attachments

• 1695357148665.png
    1695357148665.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 4
Movie maker was bundled in Windows Essentials and MS no longer have it available for download. It definitely works in W7-10.

This microsoft forum says there is a copy on archive.org but I couldn't get it to work.

I have no idea why is says "Redirecting" here. It is just a link to Microsoft. If you hover over the link you will see the actual URL at the bottom of the screen in the status bar.

If you are feeling really brave I have the installer here. It's 130MB and I could mount it up on a google drive. I have taken great care not to lose it. I recently installed in on W10 and it works fine.

The file is signed by Microsoft and you could verify that yourself so I think it should be safe. I have no real idea about these signatures myself.

View attachment 120804
That's mostly for the OP if they want to take the chance. I'm past the learning curve in the multi-thread editor I'm using.

I have the Adobe suite, but what I tend to use for quick and dirty is the editor that comes with Camtasia.

Back