Simple Question

Hank S

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Hank
It's almost time for my first colonoscopy. Entirely routine, I'm just that age.

What paperwork / reports do I need to ask for? My medical just renewed two weeks ago, hopefully it will be the last one I'll ever need, depending in what the FAA does and when they do it. But I'd rather be prepared than caught later.

Thanks, ya'll.

Not sure what you're asking (damn Awwburn fans) but a colonoscopy you'd just report it on your next physical under Doc visits. Nothing special, just date, Doc's name, what you had done.

What are you referring to that will be the last one you will ever need?

3rd class medical reform. It's been in the news. :)

Sorry, Dave. You can always count on one Bama fan or another being in the dark. :p But I'm surprised in the Age if the Internet, that any active pilot is unaware of the long, long effort to eliminate the 3rd
Class medical and the current state of semi-success.

Sorry, Dave. You can always count on one Bama fan or another being in the dark. :p But I'm surprised in the Age if the Internet, that any active pilot is unaware of the long, long effort to eliminate the 3rd
Class medical and the current state of semi-success.

Ok ok, ya got me. And here I was just trying to help an Awwburn fan. It is still morning ya know, and I am on pain medicine, and and and....

nothing ... even if a polyp(s) is found and removed (report at next routine exam). cancer found and treated ... another story.

Last edited:
Good to know. Wasn't sure if I needed a report in case of any polyps. My "low residue diet" starts Tuesday . . .

24 hours of fun! I have had 3 already due to family history. No problems so far.

Word of advice. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

My first time, I read the morning prep as "take this an hour before the appointment", not as "take this an hour before you LEAVE for you appointment". My wife kept telling me "c'mon, we are going to be late". All I could say was, "I don't care, we are going anywhere right now!"

Good times! But worth it in order to catch one of the more curable types of cancer.

24 hours of fun! I have had 3 already due to family history. No problems so far.

Word of advice. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

My first time, I read the morning prep as "take this an hour before the appointment", not as "take this an hour before you LEAVE for you appointment". My wife kept telling me "c'mon, we are going to be late". All I could say was, "I don't care, we are going anywhere right now!"

Good times! But worth it in order to catch one of the more curable types of cancer.

Nothing the day of. Lots the day before starting at 5:00, repeating every 15 minutes until it's done and so am I. Start with a gallon . . . The container says "14 doses," but it'll do me 5 or 6 all at once . . . Yee haa.

Just suck it up and swallow it quick, that stuff is better than it used to be. My last couple times the Doc found polyps and removed them. No after effects.

BTW thanks for helping Bama win the West today! ;) :D

Roll Tide!

Last edited:
If they are doing an upper GI as well, make sure they do that one first.

Or, wipe really well!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back