Sim hours with a CFII

n7421w

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
n7421w
I just got done doing the max 10 hrs in a sim with a CFII. Can the hours with the CFII in the sim count towards the minimum 15 hrs instruction from a CFII for an instrument rating? or does it have to have 15 actual flying hours?

I just got done doing the max 10 hrs in a sim with a CFII. Can the hours with the CFII in the sim count towards the minimum 15 hrs instruction from a CFII for an instrument rating? or does it have to have 15 actual flying hours?
61.65 (h), (i), and (j).

61.65 (h), (i), and (j).

Yes I've read that. I understand that hours count towards simulated instrument hours. Maybe i'm not understanding it correctly but I don't see where it has to be a CFII or that it counts towards the minimum CFII hours. It just says authorized instructor (61.65 (i)(2).

Yes I've read that. I understand that hours count towards simulated instrument hours. Maybe i'm not understanding it correctly but I don't see where it has to be a CFII or that it counts towards the minimum CFII hours. It just says authorized instructor (61.65 (i)(2).
An "authorized instructor" for instrument training in a ground device is a CFII.

Back