Like it or not, airports like Signature and the other large players because their infrastructure provides the first good impression for business travelers and they return large ramp and facility rental fees to support the airport.Well, here's a fun topic!
- Shiny building and lobby
- Sometimes have red carpet treatment to impress pax
- Sometimes have good cookies and popcorn
- Sometimes waive fees for little guys
- History of negotiating exclusive flowage rights with airport authorities, pushing out traditional competition
- Often play surprise with "hide the ($$$) fees", which come and go from the website depending on corporate whim
- Calling the desk in advance may still not reveal all the fees
- Some locations charge stupid levels for fuel and services, with zero alternatives to pass through the gate (even without using said services)
- Have personally seen handling and service incompetence at multiple locations, which still result in paying exorbitant handling and service fees
Yea, and that.That and service that varies between lukewarm and indifferent. Stuff like no marshaller/line staff coming out to show you where to park/ask what you need at the sort of airport with the sort of fees where you'd normally expect that. They had them and they weren't busy, I just apparently didn't rate high enough for that. You can tell which customers they actually care about.