SI swimsuit issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
the SI swimsuit issue this year will apparently feature its first ad with a 'plus sized' model. I've seen the photo and the video ad... glad to see there be some reality in the models used...

Sex is better with skinny chicks. Scientifically proven. Fat apologists can whine and waste their energy changing culture, biology will not change and will not be fooled. Disgusting and considering the health risks of being a fatty it is also immoral to be a fat apologist.

the SI swimsuit issue this year will apparently feature its first ad with a 'plus sized' model. I've seen the photo and the video ad... glad to see there be some reality in the models used...

So all the other models of the past were not real?

What cyborgs?

I'm sick of the fatties, take some personal responsibility and have some self respect.

You want to talk real, eat REAL (non processed) food, do a REAL workout.

Go on the paleo diet, eat less calories than you burn, exercise 1 hr a day, work with your hands, ditch your office job, live like a REAL human.

I wouldn't pay for a swimsuit mag with shamu in it.

I'm 6' 165
My girl is 5'8 110

No crazy diets, no pills, not even a gym membership, just eating food that looks like food and living a somewhat active lifestyle

We are the size humans are sposed to be

FYI, as someone in the medical world, guess what the number uno cause of death is, heart attack, wanna guess the leading cause...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ITfeF0F6M

Last edited:
Jack was far ahead of his time. What a genius.

There will not be any plus-sized model in the SI swimsuit issue. . . . at least not in the editorial content.

There will be a plus sized model in an advertisement for a plus size swim suit company. They have these ads in Cosmo, Marie Clare, Family Circle, People, US, etc etc etc.

Its no big deal . . .

The Paleo diet is for fitness hipsters. Only go on this diet if you're into hanging out at gyms more than actual health / fitness.

I'm 6' 165
My girl is 5'8 110

You can't really put health in context with height and weight... 6' 240 could be fat or monster. 'Tall' people with low body weight like you and your girlfriend tend to be skinny through genetics. Again with the example 6' 165 could be just extremely skinny or you could be a low body fat muscularly defined male model. Your athletic build alter egos would be about 15-20 lbs heavier for you and 20-25 lbs heavier for your girlfriend.

Back to the OP I'm not sure I would consider Hannah Davis a 'plus size' model. I'm guessing they're doing it as a big marketing ploy to get people to buy the magazine.

The Paleo diet is for fitness hipsters. Only go on this diet if you're into hanging out at gyms more than actual health / fitness.

My son and daughter-in-law put lie to that assertion. My son lost 30 lbs on paleo and they both are extremely fit and very active in Capoeira.

If you've never seen a capoeira exhibition, it is eye-opening.

And she is from Lincoln, Nebraska! :wonderwoman:

Last edited:
Two people that work for me went on the Paleo diet and they swear by it. They both lost significant weight and neither one of them goes to the gym, or does very much exercise at all. He commutes 90 miles each way ever day and works long hours. He leaves at dark and gets home at dark. Even in the summer.
It works for some people better than others. And the paleo diet is the most flexible I have seen. From what I can tell, you can eat just about anything except refined or processed foods.

All diets have cultish freaks, that said take the basics of no grains, no added sugar, and no crop oils and studliness is nearly guaranteed. No need to pretend you are a caveman or snub food cavepeople didn't have. Of course following those simple ideas rules out pretty much all processed food and all the junk fat chicks love. Her 'coffee' made from running a bag chips through a blender and adding coffee flavored syrup, that doesn't cut it.

She's still a model. So her "plus" isn't the real world's plus. You want to see real plus size women, just come to where I work. Sheeesh.

First of all, it is utterly unclear why Sports Illustrated should have a swimsuit issue beyond simple misogyny. That said, given that it is Sports Illustrated, I would think that the models they use for their misogynistic swimsuit issue would be athletic in appearance.

First of all, it is utterly unclear why Sports Illustrated should have a swimsuit issue beyond simple misogyny. That said, given that it is Sports Illustrated, I would think that the models they use for their misogynistic swimsuit issue would be athletic in appearance.

For a time, the models used were not skinny boney woman... now, they need some body fat.

Are all the ladies magazines with pretty women misogynistic? Ladies drive more marketing with attractive female models then men do.

Sports Illustrated has a swimsuit issue because it sells and attracts attention, especially back in the day, and even now, apparently.

If you want to see thick, I used to have to watch this chick fill the screen (literally) when I watched CNN at the gym during International assignments.

Sports Illustrated has a swimsuit issue because it sells and attracts attention, especially back in the day, and even now, apparently.

Oh of course that's why, I'm not quite that thick. One would think that they'd at least try and come up with some justification for it, beyond "lets do this because it will sell magazines".

Oh of course that's why, I'm not quite that thick. One would think that they'd at least try and come up with some justification for it, beyond "lets do this because it will sell magazines".
Swimming is a sport. SI is primarily a man's magazine. What other reason is needed?

Sex is better with skinny chicks. Scientifically proven...it is also immoral to be a fat apologist.

I can't believe that no one seemed interested in discussing this "scientific fact." It absolutely boggles my mind that a scientific fact can include subjective tastes, but that's just me.

First of all, it is utterly unclear why Sports Illustrated should have a swimsuit issue beyond simple misogyny.

What's misogynistic about it?

That said, given that it is Sports Illustrated, I would think that the models they use for their misogynistic swimsuit issue would be athletic in appearance.

That WOULD be an improvement!

I can't believe that no one seemed interested in discussing this "scientific fact." It absolutely boggles my mind that a scientific fact can include subjective tastes, but that's just me.

Agreed. People like what they like, and trying to talk them into liking something else is completely futile, especially when it comes to sex.

You want the science, you can't handle the science. Just cause I'm lazy with the links doesn't mean I ain't a truth machine.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23264164

Oh, you're so evolved. :rolleyes:

:D

My son and daughter-in-law put lie to that assertion. My son lost 30 lbs on paleo and they both are extremely fit and very active in Capoeira.

If you've never seen a capoeira exhibition, it is eye-opening.

I didn't say you wouldn't lose weight on it. You will lose weight on the 'Head of Cabbage a day' diet. All you do is drink water and eat a head of cabbage a day... hmm I should market that. Any diet that works for you is great.

I'm familiar with Capoeira, and I've also seen the movie 'Only the Strong' which is a hit movie from the early 90s! Anyhow the calorie burn associated with that probably helped your kids lose weight.

So really it all comes down to eating right and exercising.

Edit: I just found that entire movie on Youtube... I love 80's and 90's action movies!

Last edited:

You can't really put health in context with height and weight... 6' 240 could be fat or monster. 'Tall' people with low body weight like you and your girlfriend tend to be skinny through genetics. Again with the example 6' 165 could be just extremely skinny or you could be a low body fat muscularly defined male model. Your athletic build alter egos would be about 15-20 lbs heavier for you and 20-25 lbs heavier for your girlfriend.

Back to the OP I'm not sure I would consider Hannah Davis a 'plus size' model. I'm guessing they're doing it as a big marketing ploy to get people to buy the magazine.

You need to look up the paleo diet bud, frankly it's just a common way of referring to eating real food, if you listen to what Jack Lalaane was telling folks to eat back in the 50/60s etc, it's basically the paleo diet.

You seem rather offended by my post, what's your height and weight? You a big boy?

Greg, I can handle science.

Problem is, one published paper that agrees with your opinion does not make it scientifically proven.

Also, just because more people prefer chocolate ice cream over vanilla ice cream (for example), it does not mean that chocolate ice cream is scientifically proven to be better than vanilla for everyone.

Last edited:
Let's see at least one study showing a male preference for fat chicks. Good luck.

Sex is better with skinny chicks. Scientifically proven. Fat apologists can whine and waste their energy changing culture, biology will not change and will not be fooled. Disgusting and considering the health risks of being a fatty it is also immoral to be a fat apologist.

There is nothing 'fatty' or 'plus sized' about this gal, heck, she doesn't even qualify as 'Rubenesque', not even close. Nope, this gal looks plenty comfortable. Boney chicks leave bruises.

Let's see at least one study showing a male preference for fat chicks. Good luck.

Lol, There is someone out there, actually there are plenty of 'chubby chasers' out there. Once I was looking for my buddy in Key West, stuck my head in the TB on Southard since he hangs there and there was a gal on stage no less than 400lbs shaking it all, and a guy sitting at the edge of the stage with a stack of dollar bills.:lol:

There is nothing 'fatty' or 'plus sized' about this gal, heck, she doesn't even qualify as 'Rubenesque', not even close. Nope, this gal looks plenty comfortable. Boney chicks leave bruises.

Sleeping with skinny girls is like sleeping in a bed full of coat hangers.

Hit it in an instant. She isn't fat, and the fact that she is considered plus size is part of the image problem we have in the United States.

According to the tables, she has a BMI > 25 and is overweight. But not a candidate for sleep study.

"Plus size" is relative. If an 80 pound Cosmo Editor is writing the article, Rachel Weisz is plus size.

There's Gisele Bundchen skinny, which by all accounts is super fit and then there's Mary Kate Olsen skinny...all I want to do is feed her a sandwich.

It still baffles me to see why some men like women that resemble 11 year old boys with breasts. Even still, to each it's own.

Wikipedia says plus size starts at size 12, that's HUGE, that's like my girl times three.

I'd like to say a little more about this idea that SI's swimsuit issue involves hatred of women (which is what misogyny means).

I'm reminded of a former girlfriend who once said that she wanted to be appreciated for her mind, not her body. Later, I realized that I should have asked "Why not have both?" (And she did have both.)

Here's a woman who has both (and apparently likes it that way):

attachment.php

http://smile.amazon.com/Girls-Get-C...id=1423334326&sr=1-5&keywords=danica+mckellar

She's written a whole series of books aimed at getting girls interested in mathematics, and she's also not shy about posing for the camera.

Here's one final thought for those who think there's something wrong with publishing pictures of scantily clad (or even unclad) women: If men didn't like women's bodies, none of us would be here.

Attachments

• Book Cover.jpeg
    Book Cover.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 165
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back