Show us your panel picture...

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Post a picture of the panel in the plane(s) you fly most often. Tell us what year/make/model aircraft it's from, and if you own, rent, borrow or stole the plane.

I own the Fairchild 24

Attachments

• DSCN0025.jpg
    DSCN0025.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 88
  • mag switch.jpg
    mag switch.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 50
This is from my airplane, a 1980 Piper Warrior II, PA28-161
You threw me off for a minute thinking that was a simulator since it looks like it's indoors. Then I realized that was the hangar door. :redface:

I fly a 1978 Warrior. I don't know how to post pictures, but my panel is exactly the same as Scott's, only different. I don't have one of those fancy G-430 or whatever he has there. My panel is not black, but kinda an ugly dirty light tan color. Other than that, most of the stuff works, most of the time. Having a few colorful adjectives at the ready, seems to help a lot

John

The minimalist (my 2007 CubCrafters Sport Cub) ...

P1070824.JPG

.. and a throwback to the Carter Administration (my 1978 C-172N/180):

IMG_0271.JPG

Excellent, I love your restoration.

Thank you

Did you decide not to sell, or just no buyer yet?

I took it off the market, while I rebuild the engine, and the market for any toys is so bad it's almost a waist of money to advertise it again.

Thanks for kicking the thread off, Tom! What is her fuel burn?

running 1950 turns it uses 9 gallon per hour, and about 1 qt of oil in 35 hours.

The minimalist (my 2007 CubCrafters Sport Cub) ...

P1070824.JPG

Minimalist? I did most all my IFR training with less, except I had a compass. With a compass that's an IFR panel.

Edit, just caught you have no Nav radio...

Minimalist? I did most all my IFR training with less, except I had a compass. With a compass that's an IFR panel.

...nor does it have a DG or AI...

...nor does it have a DG or AI...

Neither DG nor AI are required for IFR nor did I have use of either for about 38 out of my 40 hrs if IR training. (plane had a valve the instructor could "fail" the vacuum with, even making it fail slowly...)

LOL... I'll spare everyone another photo of a Cherokee panel and make room for people with more interesting airplanes. I do have a 496 where Scott's AM radio is located, my audio panel where the CO detector is, and my intercom under my KX-155. The interior is shades of dove grey and charcoal grey. Airplane is a Piper Archer (PA28-181). :)

Merlin GT. First flown in 1998.

You are'nt going to do IFR training with mine (the turn coordinator doesn't work). But you gotta admire the plush interior.

SAM_0591.JPG

And. Check out this avionics stack (try not to drool!!!) - Com radio, intercom AND a transponder (with Mode C no less).

SAM_0530.JPG

:goofy:

I have no idea why the mirror was stuck there.

Neither DG nor AI are required for IFR nor did I have use of either for about 38 out of my 40 hrs if IR training. (plane had a valve the instructor could "fail" the vacuum with, even making it fail slowly...)

You may want to take another gander at 91.205

(d) Instrument flight rules. For IFR flight, the following instruments and equipment are required:
(1) Instruments and equipment specified in paragraph (b) of this section, and, for night flight, instruments and equipment specified in paragraph (c) of this section.
(2) Two-way radio communication and navigation equipment suitable for the route to be flown.
(3) Gyroscopic rate-of-turn indicator, except on the following aircraft:
(i) Airplanes with a third attitude instrument system usable through flight attitudes of 360 degrees of pitch and roll and installed in accordance with the instrument requirements prescribed in §121.305(j) of this chapter; and
(ii) Rotorcraft with a third attitude instrument system usable through flight attitudes of ±80 degrees of pitch and ±120 degrees of roll and installed in accordance with §29.1303(g) of this chapter.
(4) Slip-skid indicator.
(5) Sensitive altimeter adjustable for barometric pressure.
(6) A clock displaying hours, minutes, and seconds with a sweep-second pointer or digital presentation.
(7) Generator or alternator of adequate capacity.
(8) Gyroscopic pitch and bank indicator (artificial horizon).
(9) Gyroscopic direction indicator (directional gyro or equivalent).​

Last edited:
Maybe he didn't file during his training. The airplane doesn't have to be IFR legal to do IFR training in it - except for the long XC.

Maybe he didn't file during his training. The airplane doesn't have to be IFR legal to do IFR training in it - except for the long XC.

We had them, I took my ride in the same plane, they were just always "failed".

(d) Instrument flight rules. For IFR flight, the following instruments and equipment are required:
(1) Instruments and equipment specified in paragraph (b) of this section, and, for night flight, instruments and equipment specified in paragraph (c) of this section.
(2) Two-way radio communication and navigation equipment suitable for the route to be flown.
(i) Airplanes with a third attitude instrument system usable through flight attitudes of 360 degrees of pitch and roll and installed in accordance with the instrument requirements prescribed in §121.305(j) of this chapter; and
(ii) Rotorcraft with a third attitude instrument system usable through flight attitudes of ±80 degrees of pitch and ±120 degrees of roll and installed in accordance with §29.1303(g) of this chapter.
(4) Slip-skid indicator.
(5) Sensitive altimeter adjustable for barometric pressure.
(6) A clock displaying hours, minutes, and seconds with a sweep-second pointer or digital presentation.
(7) Generator or alternator of adequate capacity.
(8) Gyroscopic pitch and bank indicator (artificial horizon).
(9) Gyroscopic direction indicator (directional gyro or equivalent).​

Hmmm, what year did they add 8&9?

This is the only panel picture I have of my airplane, I guess I need to take one sometime.

Attachments

• 39861_1457899258978_1578292210_31065382_7273491_n.jpg
    39861_1457899258978_1578292210_31065382_7273491_n.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 49
my latest iteration. homebuilt 1965 Cherokee II sailplane that i own.

panel3.jpg

(ii) Rotorcraft with a third attitude instrument system usable through flight attitudes of ±80 degrees of pitch and ±120 degrees of roll and installed in accordance with §29.1303(g) of this chapter.​

Something is missing here. I know that Hal Shevers successfully pushed through a change that allowed the TC or T&B (gyroscopic rate-of-turn indicators) to be replaced by a second attitude indicator but the current 91.205 doesn't reflect this as far as I can see.

just a bush plane panel....

Attachments

• BoeingCh801Panel.jpg
    BoeingCh801Panel.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture_095-760x570.jpg
    Picture_095-760x570.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 56
This picture is the latest I have but there've been a few changes since it was taken. The EX500 was upgraded to an EX600 (larger screen with panning), the yoke was flipped, and an ELT remote control was added.

Attachments

• DSCF3158.JPG
    DSCF3158.JPG
    902 KB · Views: 71
Here is my formerly steam gauge DA40 converted to a Garmin G500 panel. I was flying pretty low for IFR and must have been trying to avoid worse headwinds at higher altitudes. There is also a steam gauge turn coordinator and Davtron temp gauge/clock on the co-pilots side not seen in this photo. The shop that installed the G500 did a great job, note how well the altitudes on the G500, analog altimeter and A/P agree.

Attachments

• G500 panel.JPG
    G500 panel.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 73
I fly a 1958 PA-22 Tripacer. The panel is a cross between kind of nice and well used. Here is a picture of most of it.

Barb

Attachments

• 221 Canyonlands.jpg
    221 Canyonlands.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 67
This is the panel of a B-17 that Jerry Green let me go through when I was down in AZ. last Dec, and Jan. I just thought it was neat not with the thread title however.

Attachments

• 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
2009 Jabiru J230 - overkill for a VFR only airplane but it came with it.

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 63
This is the panel of a B-17 that Jerry Green let me go through when I was down in AZ. last Dec, and Jan. I just thought it was neat not with the thread title however.
That's pretty nice although how do you position your hands at 10 and 2 o'clock on the steering wheel? :D

79M's panel before we replaced the cracking panel covers earlier this year and took out the ADF.

Attachments

• 79MPanel.JPG
    79MPanel.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 35
Pretty sure I can see Japan from here :)

Brian
Schreder HP16T

Attachments

• IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 75
Back