Shout out to Dynon...

AGLyme

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew
I had some self-inflicted transponder/gps issues... I have 3 HDX's in my plane.

I am a dumbass when it comes to electronics/computers... so I was a bit lost. I called the Dynon support number figuring it would go nowhere like all the other high tech firms out there. I was prepped to leave a message, deal with a website via email or text...

Shockingly, this great guy called me back and lead me through the diagnostic process while I was sitting in the plane... and all is well. In this day and age, a rarity.

Thank you Dynon... love the product and now the service.

There are very few reports that are different than this account. In my experience, which is fairly broad, Dynon is second to none in tech and product support.

They just got the Seneca approved for their autopilot the other day. Maybe someday probably hopefully they'll get it approved for the Cherokee Six. Pretty much eliminated Garmin for this exact reason... That and ease of installation seems to drive the overall cost of the Dynon stuff down a bit. And I like the underdogs.

I like underdogs too. They always seem to try harder but they sometimes go out of buisness too. I wish I had a crystal ball on this one. Dynon will also sell direct to an IA which I like because I am an IA.

Dynon will sell to any airplane owner, and any IA can sign it off after any A&P does the installation.

https://generalaviationnews.com/2010/11/03/dynons-mission-cover-the-panel/

A 10 year old article about Dynon's owner and founder. They've been around for 20 years and made a profit their very first year. And they're expanding their market share. Based on the owners love of general aviation (also owns Vashon aircraft) and him actually using the products he sells. I got a feeling they'll be around. There's something refreshing about someone who actually uses what they sell. That's partly what has made customer service so good. They all actually use the stuff they sell. One of my biggest pet peeves in my industry is salesman that don't know their product.

Back