Should winter be cancelled for this year?

Should winter be cancelled for this year?

• Yes

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Maybe/Not sure yet

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
Because in the mid-eastern states (n-s Carolina)we normally don't get snow but rather freezing rain! I HATE FREEZING RAIN!!!! so I HATE WINTER!!!

Yes. Definitely. Absolutely. No question about it. Cancel at all costs. Forgetaboutit. Certainly. Unconditionally. in every respect...

nah, winter's aight in my book. only problem is, women wear too much clothing.

No. Snow melt and runoff helps the water levels.

Winter services terminated, squawk 1200, frequency change approved, good day.

Fall/Winter...my favorite time of the year. Things slow down and I catch my breath. A lot of napping on weekends.

What is this "Winter" of which you speak?

Skiing... *drops the mike*

My answer is "Heck no!!!"
Down here in the deep redneck south, we look forward to winter every year. The 9-month long summers take a toll on everybody and after 2 weeks of fall 80-degree weather, we are ready for our 60-degree winter so that we can finally turn off the A/C, get out and start doing fun stuff, such as flying etc.

It snowed yesterday. This florida boy, doesn't like it. (I think snow is gorgeous and all, skiing is fun, which isn't something we can do here, I love hockey, but I hate living in the cold and Id rather be out on the beach or on the water in a boat fishing not in an ice hut.)

Opinions?

No, I derive too much sick pleasure sitting on the deck in my shorts in balmy 72° sunshine and see all the pictures of snow and all their whining they post on Facebook. It's becoming one of my developing pleasures as I grow older.

No. Snow melt and runoff helps the water levels.

Yeah and so does rain falling, and if it's warm you can double your growing seasons. That's why the CA valley was so productive, only problem was they were doing it in the desert on borrowed water.

Monday, November 2, 2015, 10:48 - We are in the midst of a rapidly strengthening El Niño event which will likely peak later this fall as one of the strongest El Niño events on record. So, what does this mean for the upcoming winter season?

El Niño has a reputation for bringing mild winters to much of the country, especially across the northern States. The two strongest two El Niño events on record prior to this year (1982-83 and 1997-98) were quite mild from the Pacific Northwest to the Northeast. Only the Southwestern States saw below average temperatures during those winters.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/us...o-contributes-to-a-tale-of-two-seasons/56531/

So, chances are that this winter will be mild.

not only no but hell no!!!!

I'm with Write-Stuff. feel free to cancel summer any year you want to.

Oh, and BTW...

We've had beautiful fall weather here this year. Many years we go from hot to cold...or cold to hot...and get screwed out of Spring and/or Fall...everyone's favorite weather. But not this year. We've had at least 6 solid weeks of great temps, and more are in the forecast.

Lovin' it.

Too late

01-october222004-mammoth-mountain_std.jpg

Skiing... *drops the mike*

Now, if only I could figure out how to combine (and convince others that it's a great idea) skiing with C172....

... because either one is not expensive enough on its own!

Absolutely not!!!!!

Otherwise I will miss my three months of skiing in Steamboat Springs.

Cheers

Feels like it already has. Was 72 today in Philly.

I like the different seasons, but I think I would like winter better if I was not required to be somewhere on days when it snows.

Im ready for spring already! I don't mind winter if there is snow and it does not last long. But here in the deep south, Mississippi, winter is too cold for me. I can stand cloudy, damp, rainy, 30 to 40 degree days. I hate it, if its gonna be cold give me snow. Oh and did I mention being dark at 5!! We should stay in day light savings time for ever!

Now if winters in the deep south really only ever dropped to 60 I wouldn't complain one bit. But last year the base closed multiple days for snow, in MS! Not thanks!

I like the different seasons, but I think I would like winter better if I was not required to be somewhere on days when it snows.

Aww...hell...that's life's most fun driving. Put me out on the road in a foot or two of snow and the kid in me comes out!

Of course, it helps to have a vehicle that's made for it but I'm sure you do considering where you live...

Absolutely, it is already "settled science" that we affect the weather, so use that power to take a year off from winter.

I like my snow in pictures of far away places. No close ups please.

Ha-ha. Looks pretty through a window when you have a nice fire going. Until you need to get more wood, shovel snow and drive to work....

Aww...hell...that's life's most fun driving. Put me out on the road in a foot or two of snow and the kid in me comes out!

Of course, it helps to have a vehicle that's made for it but I'm sure you do considering where you live...

Oh, that's the fun part, the suck part is getting stuck in the traffic commuting.

Back