should i wait 3 years? Chest pain visit

bobbylee123

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
bobbylee123
Alright completely forgot about this, but I went to urgent care for chest pain a while ago (almost 3 years but not quite), which means I will have to report this to medxpress since it's been under 3 years. My question is, should I just wait a couple of months before applying so that I don't legally have to report this doctor visit?

My diagnosis was: costochondritis

No medication or follow up was needed, and the pain had already gone away by the time I was at urgent care lol

The FAA states chest pain is a deferral unless: "chest pain with a firm diagnosis of non-cardiac causes of chest pain"

Is costochondritis a non-cardiac cause? Will I be okay just reporting this or should I just wait the extra couple months?

Am looking for class 1 medical

Report the visit and list the diagnosis as costochondritis.

Last edited:
The question on MedXpress is have you EVER? And you are expected to report all visits to a health care professional.

So you report the visit and explain the reason as costochondritis.
the medxpress form states: "have you visited any health professionals within the last 3 years"

Now the second part of the form asks: have you EVER...but no part of the form ever asks have you ever had costochondritis. The closest question would be: have you ever been diagnosed with heart of vascular trouble. My understanding is that costochondritis is not a heart or vascular condition, but I will confirm this with my AME.

My understanding is that costochondritis is not a heart or vascular condition, but I will confirm this with my AME.
Dr. Google says that it’s an inflammation of the cartilage where the rib connects to the breast bone. Doesn’t sound cardiac-related to me, but then again I’m not a doctor. YMMV

Dr. Google says that it’s an inflammation of the cartilage where the rib connects to the breast bone. Doesn’t sound cardiac-related to me, but then again I’m not a doctor. YMMV
that's what im thinking, but will confirm with my AME

Back