SHORTEST!! short field landing I've ever seen

Impressive! We should all be that good!

Thanks for posting this.

David

The Valdez guys did a short field landing competition a few days at Oshkosh last year. IT was a blast. Hope they come back.

The most impressive part of that landing is not the short "roll out"...it the fact that he put the mains just about right on the line...

That plane belongs to and is flown by a friend of mine. What's impressive is how freaky slow it flies. It defies gravity. His last couple of SQ2 Cubs were similar but the monster flaps and landing gear put this one in a different category. The landing gear is not typical Cub but is derived from a Storch, similar to what the Just Highlander aircraft uses. No bounce. Very impressive.

Wow! I was thinking it must have been a serious headwind but saw in the comments only 13-15

I wonder what the winds were at the time.

We had a guy at Fullerton nail the mains right *on* the white line at our spot landing competition last year, and there wasn't much wind. His ground speed was probably 35- 40 mph.

Wow! I was thinking it must have been a serious headwind but saw in the comments only 13-15

That was my thought. Yes, great landing, but can he taxi in that wind? :dunno: :wink2:

Seems like an amazing airplane.

That didn't even seem like it was real at all.

oh, it's real. Jon's new plane has the coolest new gear but other than that a lot of guys are flying big hp Cubs with SQ2 wings and they're not far behind that level of performance. 2 years ago another friend set the then record landing at 26' in a 4-place Producer, which some of you might call a Bushmaster. 26' in a real 4-place airplane. More wow. And yes, these guys really use their planes.

Back