Short Story: What would you do- W&B decision

I'd still vote for the most interesting man in the world performing in-flight refueling...but if you wanted to save on the rental car cost, ship the kids with the 100pounds of "stuff" :D

There are a lot of places you can stop for gas, even out west.

Yeah only over water will you have that kind of thing, and do you want to spend that kind of time over water, over gross, with your family on board, in the face of weather?

Not me thanks:yikes:

So Tony how lang have you been married?:lol:

a year and a half i think. but like Kent said, Leah is really light, plus she packs REALLY light. and she understands what maximum gross weight means, and she doesn't shop till she drops on vacation or otherwise. it's really nice being able to take a 150 somewhere for the weekend and have full tanks and still be below gross.

a year and a half i think. but like Kent said, Leah is really light, plus she packs REALLY light. and she understands what maximum gross weight means, and she doesn't shop till she drops on vacation or otherwise. it's really nice being able to take a 150 somewhere for the weekend and have full tanks and still be below gross.
You took Leah and me and a whole bunch of stuff to Gastons in a 172 and didn't have a problem. :)

And did they ask about ferry permits on the oral? ;) :D

Actually my oral was on the 5th. We couldn't do the flight portion because weather changed the game.

And yes there was a question where my answer was "Ferry Permit" and the DPE corrected me with "Special Flight Permit", but since he understood that I understood the concept, he was good with my answer.

Did anyone fail to notice that the hypothetical family was not the culprit for the 100Lbs of extra stuff?

I'm sure OPEC, Exxon, Mobil etc and EPA could consipire to make fuel unavailability a real possibility.

You took Leah and me and a whole bunch of stuff to Gastons in a 172 and didn't have a problem. :)

yep, the two of you together is about one average US Adult Male. and you both pack light! It was awesome!

Actually my oral was on the 5th. We couldn't do the flight portion because weather changed the game.

And yes there was a question where my answer was "Ferry Permit" and the DPE corrected me with "Special Flight Permit", but since he understood that I understood the concept, he was good with my answer.

Did anyone fail to notice that the hypothetical family was not the culprit for the 100Lbs of extra stuff?

I'm sure OPEC, Exxon, Mobil etc and EPA could consipire to make fuel unavailability a real possibility.

Yes, they were, because they were in the plane. Everything besides fuel and oil weight is "extra stuff"

Back