Short notice - PDK

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
If the weather is at all decent tomorrow, and buddy and I are going to fly down to the Runway restaurant at PDK for a quick bite. Expect to be there 1pm-ish. I know it is short notice, but any interest?

Bill...I hate last weekend didn't work out. It would have been a blast going flying with you & Kevin.

Hey Kevin...Thank you & Debbie for dinner the other night. It was very tastey.

FWIW, we did to the run down to PDK on Saturday, got about 0.2 actual going in and out of the clouds. It was a lot rougher than I expected, quite the roller coaster ride in spots. The Atlanta class B guys were very good and accomodating, and PDK tower instructions come like bursts of machine gun fire. Dang, is that one busy place. Supposedly the second busiest airport in Georgia, right behind Hartsfield.

The Downwind restaurant was open, and we had a great view of all the runway activity, and the burger was quite good and reasonably priced. A big thumbs up to Epps Aviation, who allowed us to park on their ramp gratis while we dined.

My safety pilot friend did the return flight, and we stopped at a local airport to BS with some pilots before returning to CHA. Great day!

Last edited:
Bill Jennings said:
A big thumbs up to Epps Aviation, who allowed us to park on their ramp gratis while we dined.

Well that's not their normal policy! What's your secret?

Lance F said:
Well that's not their normal policy! What's your secret?

Talk to the line guys. When I pulled in, the line guy jokingly asked me to bring him a burger. When I came back, I bypassed the front desk, and a different line guy was working. "Hey, we were at downwind for lunch, what do I owe you?" Line guy said don't worry about it, and he sent me on my way!

Aw jeez I'm seeing this after the fact, too.

Weirdly enough, while running errands around 1PM that day, I had the thought "gee, I haven't hung out at PDK in a looonng time." Seriously.

Bill, you must make quite a large disturbance in the force :)

rpadula said:
Weirdly enough, while running errands around 1PM that day, I had the thought "gee, I haven't hung out at PDK in a looonng time." Seriously.

Bill, you must make quite a large disturbance in the force :)

Maybe we could all do the Runway Fish House next door to Habersham (AJR) sometime?

That's an excellent recommendation Bill. Nice little airport and great buffet. I'd go for a fly/eat in there (when I get my engine back).

Lance F said:
That's an excellent recommendation Bill. Nice little airport and great buffet. I'd go for a fly/eat in there (when I get my engine back).

Sounds good, drop a post when you're back in the air, and we'll pick a date.

Back