What iPad do you use in the cockpit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glowplug

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
glowplug
I have had good luck with Sheppard Air for a few written test now but I just renewed my outdated FOI subscription ($20) and made the assumption that iOS was for iPads and iPhones. Well please don't make the same assumption I did. I got rid of my iPads recently hoping for an iPad Mini update and tried to download Sheppard Air on my iPhone....... but it doesn't show up in the App Store bc the Sheppard Air won't work on the iPhone.

Welp......... there you have it.

Anyone know when an updated iPad Mini is coming out?

I expect by the time Apple releases the iPhone XV it'll be as big as the current Mini. :rolleyes:

There is no option for "None" in this poll?

I have had good luck with Sheppard Air for a few written test now but I just renewed my outdated FOI subscription ($20) and made the assumption that iOS was for iPads and iPhones. Well please don't make the same assumption I did. I got rid of my iPads recently hoping for an iPad Mini update and tried to download Sheppard Air on my iPhone....... but it doesn't show up in the App Store bc the Sheppard Air won't work on the iPhone.

Welp......... there you have it.

Anyone know when an updated iPad Mini is coming out?

If it will work on an iPad 2, I'll sell you mine for $75 shipped. I do not use it anymore at all since Apple stopped updating it. It's collecting dust... Maybe one day it will be considered retro gear and worth a ton.... But I doubt it.

I appreciate the offer but I just put the software on my laptop.

Apple has a pretty good Trade In (for store credit) program going right now. It's pretty convenient and saves you from the hassle of dealing with weirdos and hagglers off craigslist or wherever...

I expect by the time Apple releases the iPhone XV it'll be as big as the current Mini. :rolleyes:
Alas if you use Foreflight, they still have their heads in the posteriors about treating the larger format phones as ipads when it comes to functionality.

Back