sheep skin covers

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
thinking of sheep skin covers for the pilot and co-pilot seat. anyone got one from Aerosheep? any feedback on them or other vendors i should be looking at? Aerosheep said they have the measurements and should fit fine, but if it doesnt they charge a 30% restocking fee for a return

thinking of sheep skin covers for the pilot and co-pilot seat. anyone got one from Aerosheep? any feedback on them or other vendors i should be looking at? Aerosheep said they have the measurements and should fit fine, but if it doesnt they charge a 30% restocking fee for a return
I know a guy who uses sheepskin covers off the shelf from some car accessory place. He’s less concerned with looks than comfort. Cheap bastard too.

But then if you’ve traveled in Australia then I can understand why you might want to import some good looking sheep to nodak...

I have no idea where ours came from but I am sure they’re not any fancy airplane specific ones.

There was a ragged out set in the Arrow before we reupholstered the interior. They rank right up there with fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview.

Always wondered what was inside those things. Ewww!

@mscard88 ever had Haggis? Good stuff containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in a sheep's stomach:

upload_2017-10-13_15-1-51.png

Wonderful things those sheepies...

Never understood the whole sheepskin cover thing...

Seems like they would be warm in summer but never tried them then
They aren't bad in the summer. Air can move through the wool unlike vinyl or leather. The wool certainly doesn't burn you like vinyl or leather can if it's been in the sun in the summer. Good wear life for the wool compared to fabrics.

I bought my plane with sheepskin seat covers already installed. They stunk so bad they were the first thing tossed out of it. I don't know how many farts or gallons of sweat were trapped in those things.

permits-we-dont-need-no-stinking-permits.jpg

There was a ragged out set in the Arrow before we reupholstered the interior. They rank right up there with fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview.

In our case, better than seeing the lovely “goldenrod” 1975 upholstery. Which technically is still intact, without tears or major stains or anything, but definitely ugly AF.

Ugly but functional. But such an affront to anyone with normal color vision that blonde sheepskin or fake sheepskin or whatever it is, sure looks better. I’m sure whatever it is doesn’t have a burn tag. LOL. If someone complains I’ll yank it out for the flight and they can enjoy the goldenrod 1975 goodness. Hahaha.

At least it isn’t the other color. Olive green!

At least it isn’t the other color. Olive green!

That was "avocado." Like my grandfather painted the dining room furniture (himself. With a brush . .) It was a completely different shade of green than I saw every day living on several Marine Corps bases at that time.

@mscard88 ever had Haggis? Good stuff containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in a sheep's stomach:

View attachment 57075

Wonderful things those sheepies...

The knife explains my attitude best. Let the Scots enjoy. I'm not going to try it. It sounds as appetizing as Rocky Mountain Oysters and I don't need their testosterone.

The knife explains my attitude best. Let the Scots enjoy. I'm not going to try it. It sounds as appetizing as Rocky Mountain Oysters and I don't need their testosterone.
Hey now, a plate of rocky mountain oysters is just fine. Young and tender of sliced thin of course. Maybe even the vegans could eat them since the animal didn't die.

I ended up going to recovered seats from a hot rod guys with aviation grade, fire tested vinyl and that was cheeper than seat covers.

Back