ShareMyAircraft.com

Justin M

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JM
Hi.

Has anyone used or looked at sharemyaircraft.com? Any opinions?

Justin

Hard to respond to inquiries because the person is usually anonymous. Meanwhile I’m supposed to release info on my plane?

Probably being paranoid but if joe badguy were looking for a mark then who better than some guy with an airplane?

Not sure I want all my aircraft info shared on the web. Too many scams.

From main page on the website:

134 Planes Available for Partnerships.
18,502 Pilots looking to Partner.

Hmmmm......

I know the owner of the site. He’s one of our Husky buddies and a heck of a nice guy.

I didn’t like that I need to sign up to see anything, so I didn’t bother looking further.
I used a throwaway email I have for stuff like this. They dud not ask for a bunch of personal information (at least in the "pilot" end. It's an interesting concept. Kind of strikes me as a concept expansion of the sites in the late 90's (?) trying to put together people with open aircraft partnerships and people looking for one.

You list yourself as a pilot, professional, or plane. The "professionals" seem to be CFIs - they list their hourly rates, but you can also list yourself as a commercial pilot. The "planes" are a mix of flight school/FBO rentals, private rentals, clubs, and open co-ownership arrangements, although some seem to be about looking for one rather thanhaving one to offer.

I browsed around looking at a few locations. Some were exclusively pilots. And as expected with something new, not to much there and "planes" depended on location

Last edited:
I just corresponded with an instructor I know listed on the site. I asked what his experience has been. He never heard if it. Never signed up and has no idea how they got information about him.

Exactly why I use throwaway emails for things like this,

One thing you can try is to spell your name slightly differently at different businesses, to see who is selling your information.

Back