Share of 172

tree96

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
tree96
Our club has a share of our 1980 C172 P. We are based at KHTS. Garmin 430, Ifr capable. Great availability. Good financials. Online scheduling.

1/8 share $4500
We charge ourselves $75/hour wet and $90/month for hangar, insurance etc.

Pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 88
Nice looking plane. There is no cheaper way to fly than this type of setup.

This thread won't be complete until someone tells you that this is outrageously expensive and that you should fly an experimental made from cardboard and lawnmower parts ;-)

Nice looking plane. There is no cheaper way to fly than this type of setup.

This thread won't be complete until someone tells you that this is outrageously expensive and that you should fly an experimental made from cardboard and lawnmower parts ;-)

Imagine my surprise when I see a response to this thread and it's actually a compliment!

True though, this has been the cheapest way of flying by far. I love this plane, all the partners are great.

A question that may help widening the appeal: Can a buyer receive primary instruction in the plane?

90 bucks a month between all of you for hangar and insurance?

For a shared hangar for a 172, that's a heap of money

Where is this?

A question that may help widening the appeal: Can a buyer receive primary instruction in the plane?

One I'm considering allows it by club CFIs only.

This club has an Archer II and was looking at another Archer which they may have already purchased. Around 30-35 members. $1000 initial fee, $85 month dues, and $100 wet rental fee for the plane.

Unfortunately no, minimum PPL required no minimum hours though.

90 bucks a month between all of you for hangar and insurance?

Yes we all pay $90/month I should have clarified part of that is going to an engine /mx fund as well as the hangar and insurance.

We are paying $4.85/ a gallon right now in fuel.
There are 8 shares total for the plane. Only 6 are currently owned.

One I'm considering allows it by club CFIs only.

This club has an Archer II and was looking at another Archer which they may have already purchased. Around 30-35 members. $1000 initial fee, $85 month dues, and $100 wet rental fee for the plane.

We have a club cfi but but allow for any cfi a member would chose. As long as the member holds a ppl

Yes we all pay $90/month I should have clarified part of that is going to an engine /mx fund as well as the hangar and insurance.

That makes more sense. Too bad about the insurance thing, I'd bet being able to get a student pilot into it would open up some more doors.

Ether way sounds like a good deal and a nice looking 172

That makes more sense. Too bad about the insurance thing, I'd bet being able to get a student pilot into it would open up some more doors.

Ether way sounds like a good deal and a nice looking 172

The difference in insurance price forces a minimum ppl rule
$$$

The difference in insurance price forces a minimum ppl rule
$$$

It's not unusual to just require student to pay a higher fixed rate to make up the difference in insurance until he or she gets their ticket.

Bumping this thread. We just had new interior put in our bird, and a new Lynx ads b transponder in December.

Will get some newer pics of the interior up soon.

Mods feel free to move this to the other section on the classifieds

Back