Sex Sells.... Airplanes?

Everskyward said:
we get up to cruise he goes about serving the whole airplane (he's the only FA). When that's over, he has to clean up, sort all the trash, wipe down everything, etc.

Must not have been on US Air.

Len

Everskyward said:
I'm Julie, fly me! :D

No, I'm not really Julie, but I'm old enough to remember the old National Airlines ads.

Ya, "We Move Our Tails for You".

Who says suggestive ads are a new phenomenon. They're just villified these days by the PC types.

Everskyward said:
I'm Julie, fly me! :D

No, I'm not really Julie, but I'm old enough to remember the old National Airlines ads. That was from the days when the big majority of airline ticket purchasers were men. It was also from the days when being a "stewardess" (as well as a pilot) was seen as a glamorous job.

And then there was the book in the 1960s - "Coffee, tea or me". I missed those days of commercial travel. Probably just as well...

wsuffa said:

Who says suggestive ads are a new phenomenon. They're just villified these days by the PC types.
Have you seen the commercial -- I forget what kind of car it is -- but the guy is walking the woman to her door after a date and he stops to look at her car. Then he puts his hand on it, and all kinds of fast, exciting, driving images race through his mind. She says, "Not on the first date," and when he removes his hand from the car, he leaves a handprint. It's a great commercial.

Yuck! My German Shorthaired Pointer is better looking.

wsuffa said:
Suggestive? I always thought they were referring to the rudder. ;)

On the other hand, maybe that's not such a good idea either. :no:

Ghery said:
And then there was the book in the 1960s - "Coffee, tea or me". I missed those days of commercial travel. Probably just as well...
I read last year that the author of that book was actually a guy who worked for the publishing company - made it all up, he did. I read an interview with him. He wrote a couple of other books like that, pretending to be someone/thing he wasn't. Funny.

etsisk said:
I read last year that the author of that book was actually a guy who worked for the publishing company - made it all up, he did. I read an interview with him. He wrote a couple of other books like that, pretending to be someone/thing he wasn't. Funny.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Anything for a buck, I guess.

Back