Setting tach time

Lawson Laslo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N2005H
Hello, is it possible to set a new replacement tachometer that reads zero hours to the time my old tachometer reads?
It’s a GM aircraft tach

is it possible to set a new replacement tachometer that reads zero hours to the time my old tachometer reads?
Yes. While resetting the hours is not required, I would either have the vendor or a local instrument shop reset the hours when an owner requested it.

Mechanical tach? hook the cable up to an electric drill.

Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:D

Hello, is it possible to set a new replacement tachometer that reads zero hours to the time my old tachometer reads?
It’s a GM aircraft tach

Yes. While resetting the hours is not required, I would either have the vendor or a local instrument shop reset the hours when an owner requested it.

Smart thing to do! Reduces complexity when selling or servicing the aircraft. ....Tach time is clear and not have to add new with old as required. Performing an annual or a D inspection the I/A we have to go back to the original logbook see the time tack was removed from service then go do the math. see easier when he can look at the tack look at the last log entry and say yeah this is the tag time.

If the log books are lost, it’s much harder to establish tach time and there’s unnecessary enhanced doubt for accuracy.

You can order a tach with hours preset. Try Mitchell via Aircraft Spruce.

I have a Mitchell Tach that quit. I called Mitchell and I can send it back for a brand new replacement with the current tach time set for $200

Back