*SERVER MOVE ISSUES* - Please report in this thread.

Ah, another side effect of the late path info change I made. Fixed now.

DNS lookup still not correct 3 days later. Do you think it's a local issue, or do you have a problem?

MSmith said:
DNS lookup still not correct 3 days later. Do you think it's a local issue, or do you have a problem?
Assuming you've cleared your DNS cache and/or rebooted in the last 3 days I would say your ISP has set a rather loooong DNS cache expiration timeout. I personally was able to use pilotsofamerica.com after just a few hours of the server migration and DNS updates.

Open a command window and type:
ipconfig /flushdns

We should now be resolving to 216.69.169.202

I figured out my problem.

I like to go straight to the forums, and you changed the forum index file name. Thus, my link was no good to the old "forumindex" page.

(Duh. And I do this for a living!)

Re: *SERVER MOVE ISSUES* - RSS

It appears that the move broke the RSS feed. At least my RSS reader can no longer pickup PoA feeds.

Is there a new batch of HTML or RSS link that I can use?

This could be specific to Mozilla/Firefox but whenever I use the back arrow while composing a reply and then return to the reply, my original part of the reply is gone, the reply box is greyed out (lavendered out actually), and I can't add any new text.

lancefisher said:
This could be specific to Mozilla/Firefox but whenever I use the back arrow while composing a reply and then return to the reply, my original part of the reply is gone, the reply box is greyed out (lavendered out actually), and I can't add any new text.
Out of curiosity, why do you hit the back button? Did you realize that the thread is actually farther down the page on the reply form?

Brian Austin said:
Out of curiosity, why do you hit the back button? Did you realize that the thread is actually farther down the page on the reply form?

It is? Well, yes it is.. in nice reverse order too, so the most recent post is at the top. Cool, learn something new everyday :)

Here's a glitch.

I sent a private message today to someone with a full mailbox. I got the standard "do you want a confirmation" message, and I clicked yes.

The message vanished. I mean, gone. It's not in my sent items, and there was no indication of a problem.

Something else to search and fix....

Brian Austin said:

The first time is was because I accidently hit ctrl-b when I meant to type a "B". Another time I had scrolled down to read a prior post and forgot that my partially completed reply was on top.

AFaIK the same problem exists when you hit "back" from the edit post frame and there's no thread history below then.

lancefisher said:
The first time is was because I accidently hit ctrl-b when I meant to type a "B". Another time I had scrolled down to read a prior post and forgot that my partially completed reply was on top.

AFaIK the same problem exists when you hit "back" from the edit post frame and there's no thread history below then.
Hmmm. Okay.

Chuck, please rewrite the software so Lance doesn't make silly mistakes. It would probably be easier than fixing what is REALLY the problem and would probably have the same overall effect. :D

wsuffa said:
Here's a glitch.

I sent a private message today to someone with a full mailbox. I got the standard "do you want a confirmation" message, and I clicked yes.

The message vanished. I mean, gone. It's not in my sent items, and there was no indication of a problem.

Something else to search and fix....
Ugh, yes I forgot that vBulletin is kind of nasty about full PM space.

People try to clear out your old messages - and I'll look around and see if I can't find some kind of hack to improve this when time allows.

lancefisher said:

Unfortunately, this is a common issue with a lot of forum software. I've seen it on UBB, PhpBB, vBulletin and several others. I've seen it in applications written in php and in javascript and in .NET, and in multiple browsers.

Like Brian said - that's an issue that's really tough to fix.

That's one reason I think vBulletin has the thread history at the bottom of the reply page (in advanced reply mode that is)...

Back