*SERVER MOVE ISSUES* - Please report in this thread.

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Please do not report any server migration issues unless you have arrived here using the .COM address. If you are here using numeric IP addresses or the .US address, please wait until you are able to access the forums using http://www.pilotsofamerica.com before reporting an issue.

Thank you!
Chuck

Known Issues:
- Spellcheck not working - *RESOLVED*
- Images not matching up properly - *IN PROGRESS*

Last edited:
ok, looks like posting forced a logout/login cycle for me. I got here via the .com URL - the page showed me logged in but New Posts said "must be logged in to" use that feature. Logged out, logged back in, still no-go. Posting here forced me thru a login cycle and looks ok now. EDIT: so much for reading comprehension...got here via .com but see it's aliased via a .us url...so, maybe nevermind...
Second EDIT - now I'm confused even more ... clicked on the .COM url above, home page shows I'm at .COM ... but clicking into the forums, the url changes to .US ... display is still hosed (see post below)

Last edited:
Chuck the buttons come up blank. I know what's under 'em, but the buttons are blank boxes.

Bruce

display all hosed - gifs are not displaying, rather the text associated with them only (for me, on Firefox 1.0.3)

here's a couple of screenshots

holy.....My page is all weird..um..i came on to write that we cannot subscribe to forums, but now this is even weirder. this box I am typing in is stretched past the border of the main page, and is requiring a scroll bar at the bottom...
And..After I logged in, the >com changed to .US

Michael

Edit, It seems like we can subscribe to new forums, but the ones we already were subscribed to dont show as being subscribed, and doesnt give the option.

Last edited:
Greebo said:
Please do not report any server migration issues unless you have arrived here using the .COM address. If you are here using numeric IP addresses or the .US address, please wait until you are able to access the forums using http://www.pilotsofamerica.com before reporting an issue.

Thank you!
Chuck

Check my prior post please, can you find a lost post? BTW my page now comes up looking fine.

Crazy login process.

I went to www.pilotsofamerica.com
I cleared all cookies, cache, history etc.

Then tried to log in. It wouldn't let me on.
It kept taking me to http://www.pilotsofamerica.us/forum/login.php which displays "POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed." on the screen and nothing else

This was the case even when I turned cookies to accept all and disabled my firewall using firefox, netscape and explorer. IT takes about 4-6 tries each time to log on.
Curiously even after clearing everything and even disconnecting from internet connecting again, it would still show me as an active user even though it was asking for my password and treating me as if I was not logged in.

BTW: Contact Us at the bottom does not work and gives this message:
Not Found
The requested URL /sendmessage.php was not found on this server.

===============

I made the catastrophic mistake of clicking on my bookmark for POA after posting and got banged out again.

Here's the game I'm experiencing:

cleared: cache cookies history
shut firefox down
started firefox again
www.pilotsofamerica.com
site shows I'm an active user (wrong - I'm not logged in)
typed login/pw on left side:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.us/forum/login.php
"POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed."
typed login/pw on top right:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.us/forum/login.php
"POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed."
www.pilotsofamerica.com
STILL shows I'm an active user (wrong - I'm not logged in)
continue to login and constantly getting: "POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed."
closed firefox
www.pilotsofamerica.com
STILL shows I'm an active user (wrong - I'm not logged in)
disconnect from internet
reconnect to internet
still shows active user...

ad nauseaum ad nauseaum

It just would not let me log in at all.

I FINALLY got silly and clicked on the reply button on this post and another screen came up asking me to log in. I got in. Ish. Very annoying. I'll bet after posting this it knocks me out again. <-- correction: it left me logged in! I bet going back to www.pilotsofamerica.com using my bookmark will knock me out like it did last time I made that mistake.

Also this edit post screen has the icons on the right side going off screen right (slider bar at the bottom is needed)

Last edited:
Most of the imaging issues and formatting issues are a direct result of the hack I did to make the pilotsofamerica.US link work for the short term.

Our DNS expiration on the old .COM address was one hour, so by now everyone should be getting to the new server, so I've changed the settings over now to use .com again and am about to redirect .us to .com.

So - formatting and login issues prior to this post are all being considered a part of this temporary situation.

If, after reading this post, you:
- Log out
- Clear cookies
- STILL have issues with formatting or logging in or images, please do let me know.

Henning said:
Check my prior post please, can you find a lost post? BTW my page now comes up looking fine.
Henning, I'm very sorry. If the server answered your submission of your post with a "Forum Closed" message, then the only thing you could have done was to hit the back button right away and captured the text and saved it to a file until the forums came back up.

I'm afraid your post is lost in cyberspace. :(

Last edited:
Greebo said:
Most of the imaging issues and formatting issues are a direct result of the hack I did to make the pilotsofamerica.US link work for the short term.

Our DNS expiration on the old .COM address was one hour, so by now everyone should be getting to the new server, so I've changed the settings over now to use .com again and am about to redirect .us to .com.

So - formatting and login issues prior to this post are all being considered a part of this temporary situation.

You're the best!! :yes:
I can no longer reproduce the problems I was having earlier and everything is now the .com address. All happy now just like it use to be. :dance:

Greebo,

Some of the smilies that Joe uses are not appearing.

bill

In working on the smilies I managed to wipe out the existing list of commands.

I had to reload the smilies and am working to fix them now.

Any specific old smilie tags you spot that aren't working, if you could post them here, I'd appreciate it. I don't remember what all the former commands were.

I almost half prefer :smile: over :) anyway - cause things like :p make :princess :) princess) look like that...

Joe Williams said:
I'm assuming I'm not the only who doesn't get to see the PofA logo?

And the pretty pictures in my signature line don't seem to be working.

Hmm. Oops on the logo. Fixing the smilies now that I know what the tags are.

Another attachment test this time actually attaching an image...

Ok if it takes my scary mug, you better give me more details on what's happening when you try to upload?

Joe Williams said:
Yay!! Helps if the tester actually hits the upload button :redface:
I see we suffer from the same disorder:
Postus IntoomuchusHurryus

Ok, I'm gonna leave things sit for a while and wait for new reports.

Dinner time, finally. :)

Pictures in the Hangar section are the dreaded red x.

The path was wrong. I wound up changing it shortly before the move and forgot to update one of the config files.

The good news is almost all of the pics were not lost.

The bad news is anything uploaded yesterday ended up being lost in cyberspace. (Seriously, the files just aren't on the server anywhere. :( )

Fortunately only four files were affected, by the look of it. Anyone who lost an image from the hangar can re-upload now, safely.

Not sure this is an "issue" (and man, you two were up waaay too late/early!).

My bookmark for the site was straight to the forums, not the homepage (http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forumindex.php?&) No problem for me to just change it, but hitting that still gets "site not found" or some such nonsense. I finally (around 7:00 last night!) saw a link to the POA home page on THAT page, and found my way here. Being as I'm in the "Computers for dummies" category of computer literacy (until recently, I though "IT" was something one could catch/get/buy/sell/trade/burn/fix.... you get "it"). Anyway, I'm betting I'm not the only one who used that address. The question, was I the only one that couldn't figure out the solution (at least in a timely manner). Okay, the short version. Can this one be made to direct here as well?

Clicking the Archive link results in a server error message. This may not be related to the server move but FWIW....

-Skip

Looks like response to everything across the board is significantly snappier! "Loooooking good, mon!!!"

It's running fast, no problems. Has to be a bug

I'm still working on the archive issue, although I swear I'd thought I'd gotten it resolved...

Back