Sept. 24th Fly In & Air Show - KAIG (WI)

Juliett

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Juliett
Fly In & Air Show
Pancake & Waffle Breakfast 9am–11am. Young Eagle flights for first time flyers ages 8-17. Lunch served 11am–3pm. Bounce house, flight simulator, raffles, games, face painting, ice cream, and more! Air show at 1 p.m. & aircraft on display. Pilots & kids eat free. All proceeds benefit AVAIL. For more information call (715) 623-4525.

Re: Sept. 25th Fly In & Air Show - KAIG (WI)

I'd go, but no one from AIG came to ours.

Sorry if you didn't remember me, but I was at two of your fly-ins at 6Y9. Have you been to an AIG fly-in?

Sorry if you didn't remember me, but I was at two of your fly-ins at 6Y9. Have you been to an AIG fly-in?

No, but I have bought fuel there 3 or 4 times - when they were cheaper than other places. :D

If you haven't been to AIG it's well worth the trip. Nice facilities, new ramp, good folks and it's all for a great cause. AVAIL does some important work in the Antigo area and if you can help support them with your attendance please stop by. I'm helping out with Young Eagle flights and making sure there are no left over pancakes.

Be sure to have some nice crow pancakes cooked up for Ed. :D :rofl:

I'd go, but no one from AIG came to ours.

Nobody's come to IPT to visit me, but I'd go anyway.

If you haven't been to AIG it's well worth the trip. Nice facilities, new ramp, good folks and it's all for a great cause. AVAIL does some important work in the Antigo area and if you can help support them with your attendance please stop by. I'm helping out with Young Eagle flights and making sure there are no left over pancakes.

What John said. I like AIG. Nice people, cheap fuel, and sounds like a fun day. I'd go if I didn't have other plans that took me south instead of west.

We're thinking of coming. Of course, Leslie's rather busy with classes and getting ready for a trip next week, but we'll try.

Okay, we're going, plan to leave around 8:30. Anyone else going to be there?

Well, we may not be going after all. It is NOTAMed closed WEF 1500Z, and we can't make it up there that soon.

Update: called airport manager, the notam indicating airport closure at 10:00 is apparently incorrect; the correct time should be 1:00.

So, Grant and Leslie!! How was the fly-in??

So, Grant and Leslie!! How was the fly-in??
It was great! We met up with Sharon and Greg, who had already met up with Jamie and John. The food was good and the airshow was fun. It was the first time I've seen any of the ARC races.

We had some difficulty when leaving. It seems like one of the brakes was grabbing, so we were unable to maintain directional control while back-taxiing after discovering the problem. Josh from the FBO came out and towed us clear of the runway, and at that point it stopped grabbing. He added a spray of lubricant to help it unfreeze, we did a lot more taxiing in circles, and then departed for Sheboygan without further incident.

Walker Aviation, the FBO there is wonderful, and they have a nice new ramp, too. Highly recommended.

Also recommended (again) is the restaurant at Sheboygan, Final Approach Steakhouse. Though I'll admit that the service was on the slow side, the food was very good, and the view of the setting sun over the runway was perfect. But you knew that. :)

It was great! We met up with Sharon and Greg, who had already met up with Jamie and John. The food was good and the airshow was fun. It was the first time I've seen any of the ARC races.

We had some difficulty when leaving. It seems like one of the brakes was grabbing, so we were unable to maintain directional control while back-taxiing after discovering the problem. Josh from the FBO came out and towed us clear of the runway, and at that point it stopped grabbing. He added a spray of lubricant to help it unfreeze, we did a lot more taxiing in circles, and then departed for Sheboygan without further incident.

Walker Aviation, the FBO there is wonderful, and they have a nice new ramp, too. Highly recommended.

Also recommended (again) is the restaurant at Sheboygan, Final Approach Steakhouse. Though I'll admit that the service was on the slow side, the food was very good, and the view of the setting sun over the runway was perfect. But you knew that. :)

Flying into an airport that has a steakhouse close and being able to enjoy a great meal while watching the sun set over the runway is almost better then sex.. In fact if the cut of beef was real tender and properly cooked then the sex vs steak race might be hard to call....:dunno: :D:cool2:

Ben.

Flying into an airport that has a steakhouse close and being able to enjoy a great meal while watching the sun set over the runway is almost better then sex.. In fact if the cut of beef was real tender and properly cooked then the sex vs steak race might be hard to call....:dunno: :D:cool2:

What about if the steakhouse is ON the airport, as is the case at KSBM?

It was the first time I've seen any of the ARC races.

Waitaminute - Is that the ones where they have two planes doing an aerobatic thing together and racing through the routine? If so, I shall have to kick myself for not going! That sounds really neat to me, and I wasn't aware that they had any dates even scheduled in the midwest yet!

Waitaminute - Is that the ones where they have two planes doing an aerobatic thing together and racing through the routine? If so, I shall have to kick myself for not going! That sounds really neat to me, and I wasn't aware that they had any dates even scheduled in the midwest yet!
yes, that's the one. Don't hurt yourself too badly though!

Okay, I'll necropost this. The 2011 Air Show is on September 24th this year. I won't be there, as I'll be at AOPA Summit in Connecticut, but if you're in the area I encourage you to attend. We had a good time, and Jamie and John are good hosts!

Sep. 24, 2011 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
Contact Phone Number: (715) 623-4525
Location: Langlade County Airport Address: North Langlade Road
Antigo 54409
Map

You are invited to the Langlade County Airport, located at North Langlade Road in Antigo, to the Fly-In Air Show on Saturday, September 24th, 2011 from 9 AM to 3PM with AirShow at 1PM. Free Young Eagles Flights for first time flyer's (ages 8 to 17). Registration ends at 1PM. "Nick Salms Famous Waffles" Breakfast 9AM to 11AM and Lunch 11AM to 3PM. Pilots and Kids under 3 eat Free. Bounce House, FlightSimulator, Raffle Table, Games, Face Painting, Ice Cream, ETC. Sponsored by: Walker Aviation LLC, Optimist Club and Crocker Kids 4-H. All Proceeds benefit AVAIL.
I don't know if they'll have the races again this year. Jamie? John?

According to Amanda, there will be another race this year. You can call her at the FBO if you have any questions.

Maybe I will swing by.

Just returned from the Antigo get together. Was going to fly the Extra up, but ended up filing and going up in my Baron. It was a good decision, since there were some pretty severe storms around our home base on return, and the only way in was the ILS.

Food was great, but the turnout from transients looked pretty low since the weather was questionable. Don't know if the airshow was delayed until Sunday or not, but I departed before the airport was closed. Young Eagles activity seemed great, which is always a plus.

At least no one can complain that a visiting POA member didn't attend.

Everything went pretty much as planned on Saturday with the weather hanging on just well enough to the end of the day. We had nearly 120 Young Eagle flyers spread over six aircraft flying including me with my Mooney. Other aircraft included a Piper Cherokee 6, a Cessna Cardinal, a P-210, a Cherokee 140 and a Beech Musketeer. It was a very coordinated, very safety oriented operation with great crowd control, favorable winds for a really workable traffic pattern and some great prep work provided by the administrative folks. Thank you Jamie and Paulette! I've no idea whether attendance was up or down from past events but I'm certain that everyone who was there had a great time.

Just for the record, this is expected to take place this year on Sept. 22nd. I've already booked the Bonanza to be there.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date: Saturday, September 22, 2012
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Start Time: 9:00 am
(Time Zone: US/Central)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Category: Community/Business Events & Parades

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pancake & Waffle Breakfast 9 a.m. 11 a.m. Free Young Eagle flights for first time flyers ages 8-17. Lunch served 11 a.m. 3 p.m. Bounce house, flight simulator, raffles, games, face painting, ice cream, and more! Air show at 1 p.m. & aircrafts on display. Pilots & kids eat free. All proceeds benefit AVAIL.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Re: Sept. 22th Fly In & Air Show - KAIG (WI)

Just for the record, this is expected to take place this year on Sept. 22nd. I've already booked the Bonanza to be there.

It's next Saturday, the 22nd...

And there will be another race this year.

Cool. Will there be a TFR again? I ask because there's a chance Leslie will need to attend a 99's section meeting in Marquette that day, so I may need to be in and out.

It's next Saturday, the 22nd...

And there will be another race this year.

Cool!

Now, I just have to wait and see what's up with a VIP TFR that I got an alert for today. :mad:

Cool!

Now, I just have to wait and see what's up with a VIP TFR that I got an alert for today. :mad:

Don't see anything when searching in the FAA site, but then again Depicted TFR data may not be a complete listing. Pilots should not use the information on this website for flight planning purposes. For the latest information, call your local Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF.

Only thing close is the Duluth air show.

Don't see anything when searching in the FAA site, but then again Depicted TFR data may not be a complete listing. Pilots should not use the information on this website for flight planning purposes. For the latest information, call your local Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF.

Only thing close is the Duluth air show.

TFR hasn't been issued yet... It's only a "notice."

Notice: Expect VIP movement September 22, 2012 in the vicinity of Milwaukee, WI. Pilots can expect airspace restrictions in conjunction with this VIP movement. The FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check NOTAMs OFTEN for mandatory airspace restrictions prior to operations within this region.

Specific instructions and restrictions are available at http://tfr.faa.gov once the NOTAM has been issued.

http://faasafety.gov/SPANS/noticeView.aspx?nid=4180

Ahhh the greater Antigo-Merril Metroplex :)

We have just started to include Elcho into the whole A-M metroplex thing. Makes the Elchonians happy and we owe them money. It's now the A-M-E metroplex.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Looks like we won't be doing Marquette, but will be doing Antigo. Gary and Jeanne, come on down for the festivities!

Looks like we won't be doing Marquette, but will be doing Antigo. Gary and Jeanne, come on down for the festivities!
We will be in Minocqua just north of there for a soccer game on Saturday. If we are able to fly we might get to stop by on the way home.

We will be in Minocqua just north of there for a soccer game on Saturday. If we are able to fly we might get to stop by on the way home.

Great! Heads up, though, that there will probably be a TFR at the airport part of the afternoon for the air races.

Grrr. TFR has been issued. We'll be able to go (TFR doesn't start 'til 12:45 PM local) but we won't be able to come home. Home base is in the inner no-fly zone.

How late does the show go? Might just have to putz around and go elsewhere until the TFR is lifted.

Milwaukee TFR makes me want to file IFR, since a direct route would actually penetrate the outer ring (not to mention the 015SCT to 030BKN I'm seeing). I also question whether the weather (both ceiling and wind) is going to support the race. There's even a forecast of possible ice at the freezing level, which looks to be around 4000'. I could make it happen safely if I needed to , but it's not looking like a fun flight, and I feel like a fun flight! I'm leaning towards bailing. I'll re-evaluate in the AM.

We're out. :( Weather just doesn't seem conducive for a flyin and race, so I'll put the funds toward a LifeLine Pilot flight Monday. :)

We're out. :( Weather just doesn't seem conducive for a flyin and race, so I'll put the funds toward a LifeLine Pilot flight Monday. :)

Bummer! :( I filed, still going. Afterwards, hoping to head to RYV for the Johnson Creek Outlet Mall and/or 06C for Ikea (and maybe Pilot Pete's). Gotta keep the gf happy. :)

Back