Senators demand closing of Bader Field

I heard about this in the morning.

I was half-tempted to write up a fake press release about a fender-bender on the AC Expressway, with our senators pushing to close the highway.

Lautenburg has been an enemy of GA as long as anyone can seem to remember. Bader is just one of the things anti-GA that I have heard his name linked to.

Jim G

Joe Williams said:
Developers appear to have bought themselves a couple senators. No surprise there, in a state where "pay to play" is a way of life.

Joe:

It's a way of life everywhere.

Tony

Joe Williams said:
Developers appear to have bought themselves a couple senators. No surprise there, in a state where "pay to play" is a way of life.

AAAAHHHHHH!!!! These bone heads drive me nuts. FACTS what ever happened to facts. The pilot Scr#wed the Pooch it wasn't b/c of the airport. The FBO owner is right! Hey lets shut down I95 b/c there was an accident. We all must do our part to spread the truth about GA! If we leave it up to the press, politicans and other morons we will go the way of the dodo bird!:mad:

AdamZ said:
Hey lets shut down I-95 b/c there was an accident.

Now that I would vote for! :)

From what I've read Bader is just about a lost cause at this point. Evidently, no Federal grant money has been taken since 1986, so it is at serious risk starting next year anyway. The irony is that if the runways were long enough to take biz jets, the high-rollers would probably fight to keep it open.

Jeff

I propose closing senators offices...

Funny how they think a plane taking a bath in the bay is a threat to the city.

Senators should be limited to one income and not allowed to work as rabbit hutch land development procurement agents.

fgcason said:
I propose closing senators offices...

I second the motion. They're a whole lot more dangerous than any airport will ever be.

As was stated many years ago -

No man's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session!

I sometimes wonder if these politicians were this stupid before they got elected, or if they just do this to get their faces in front of cameras.

They all jump on playing the Safety Card when it suits their other purposes.

Ghery said:
I sometimes wonder if these politicians were this stupid before they got elected, or if they just do this to get their faces in front of cameras.

Politician IQ is inversely proportional to the amount of "donations" he/she accepts. Didn't you learn that in school??? :)

Maybe the way to cure people of the need to close airports is to have the FAA/TSA put them on the terrorist watch list so they can't fly any more. They obviously want to cause a disruption in our daily lives. Daley would be my first addition!

wbarnhill said:
Politician IQ is inversely proportional to the amount of "donations" he/she accepts. Didn't you learn that in school??? :)

It's worse than that. I live in Olympia, the state capital of Washington. Following the legislature when they're in session (part time, thank goodness!) is a regular spectator sport.

Hey guys.

There are lots of pro aviation senators on both sides of the isle, including Inhofe and Kerry among others. Let them know how you feel. There not all anti aviation.

Back