4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
So a while back I'd posted about selling some avionics
Then the avionics guy was to sell for me take 30% commission
I'm not sure he has sold any and hopefully I might get my plane back in coming weeks or months.
If nothing has been done sales wise with my old stuff, and I choose to just sell them myself, what ought I be aware of to maximize their value and/or usefulness to others?
I hear of terms like yellow tagged?
Tray
Harness?

Treat your response in the simplest of terms for me. I can be thick...
Thank you.

what ought I be aware of to maximize their value and/or usefulness to others?
While I haven't sold any in recent times, I would check the existing used market and follow their examples for ads, etc. and price accordingly. If you want to move the stuff quickly under-price your stuff. Racks and connectors, if you have them, include them in the deal. Harnesses, not so much. I wouldn't unless the harness was factory like those on some older blind encoders. I usually cut the harness at the end of the service loop when removing and would leave attached to rack/connector when selling. But that was me. Sold most stuff on Ebay with some higher end units on TAP or Barnstormer or Controller. But Ebay was my main venue.
I hear of terms like yellow tagged?
Yellow tags are only a function of a repair station so to get one you'd need to spend money at a shop for a bench check, etc. Depending on the unit or market doesn't always equate to a sale or higher price.

Suggest you include the trays if at all possible. Avionics thieves rarely take the

time to remove them. The absence of trays raises the possibility that yours were stolen.

Suggest you include the trays if at all possible. Avionics thieves rarely take the

time to remove them. The absence of trays raises the possibility that yours were stolen.

It depends, if selling high end modern stuff like a 430 then yes.

If selling older stuff, then price it accordingly, no one is going to install a stec 30 autopilot for example, but for those that already have one installed, having some spares would be nice.

I sold mine old stuff on assorted boards, in less than a week, but I didn’t ask for top dollar.

List what you've got and see who's interested.

Tell us what you have …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help, about to list in classifieds. Video showing the stuff.

Back