SEL Complex rental in dfw

KyleT

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
1kilotango
Does anyone have any Intel on a SEL complex rental in dfw? I'm in fw. The big flight schools use multi for their complex. Can be (prefer) an owner owned and leased or other arrangement to me for approx 5hrs. Will be used for a 3hr sign off flight and my CFI checkride.

Last edited:
This will be interesting. I'd like to see the difference between there and the SoFL market where they are nearly unavailable. When I had to do my 709 ride in a complex, I could only find a Seminole. When the FBO scheduling screwed that up and released that plane to someone else, it took the FAA inspector to make a couple calls to find one, and it was not typically rented. Yep, the FAA dude went above and beyond to get my ride done.:thumbsup:

Apparently all the flight schools there have gone to the model of doing the CMEL ride first, then doing the CSEL in fixed gear planes.

RFC flight club (KADS) has a PA28R-201 for just under $140/hour wet. Membership is about $50 per month. They also have a PA28-180 and 3 F-33 Bonanzas. Google it and you'll see all of the details.

RFC flight club (KADS) has a PA28R-201 for just under $140/hour wet. Membership is about $50 per month. They also have a PA28-180 and 3 F-33 Bonanzas. Google it and you'll see all of the details.

+1. Best deal around.

www.rfcdallas.com

It's now $124.00/hr.

314PW_7.jpg

Ahhh... Initially I thought you meant KDFW, not the dfw area. I was going to wish you good luck.

Sent them an email. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did my instrument and commercial in that plane. It flies well and has the Aspen PFD. It's a great training platform.

Heard back. They are looking for long term membership. Which if I was closer I would look into. And it will take a few weeks to approve. I am scheduled for my check ride much sooner than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One club? Sounds like S Fl. You may have to go ahead and do a weekend CMEL first (Dirt simple, don't sweat it) so you can do CSEL with whatever fixed gear plane you fly.

I am already csel, need cfi. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I am already csel, need cfi. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I'm pretty sure the process works the same, do your MEI first and you can do CFI-A in a 172, but the training is a bit more.

Ok gotcha, yes that is what I have run into. All of the big schools do mec, mei then single add on.

I can't afford that much more training right now. MEI is a goal for me though.

Ok gotcha, yes that is what I have run into. All of the big schools do mec, mei then single add on.

I can't afford that much more training right now. MEI is a goal for me though.

Yeah, I was really surprised when I was looking for a retract single. Used to be you could find Arrows and Cutlasses all over the place to rent, not anymore.:dunno:

Back