Seattle

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
Any thing good to do tonight in Seattle?

Missa

PS.. first time in WA, and man is it purty!

The Mariners are playing well now; they host the Angels at Safeco Field tonight. Nice place to watch a game, with a retractable roof in case it gets drizzly. Try the salmon sandwiches at the Ivar's food stands.

-- Pilawt

o
Missa said:

Missa

I can let you fly around for a short flightseeing just after six if you like (and if one of the planes will start).
c: 206 850 0556

Last edited:
Missa said:

Missa

Last time I stayed in downtown, there were tons of panhandlers out. Be extra careful!
Eric
________
HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER 2.1

Last edited:
Pilawt said:
The Mariners are playing well now; they host the Angels at Safeco Field tonight. Nice place to watch a game, with a retractable roof in case it gets drizzly. Try the salmon sandwiches at the Ivar's food stands.

-- Pilawt

Been there, done that. Not the Sandwich but their Grilled Salmon. Yum.

Got pan handled twice, a lot less then walking downtown detroit!

Missa

Dave Krall CFII said:
o

I can let you fly around for a short flightseeing just after six if you like (and if one of the planes will start).
c: 206 850 0556

Ooo I may have to call you if I can get the chance. I may not have a car (if I ditch my anoying co-worker), is your plane close to seatac? I'm at the Holiday inn across from seatac.

Missa

Missa said:
Ooo I may have to call you if I can get the chance. I may not have a car (if I ditch my anoying co-worker), is your plane close to seatac? I'm at the Holiday inn across from seatac.

Missa

The planes are at BFI, about ten minutes away from you.
I should be able to come and pick you up if you like, and you can bring your coworker too, your choice.

Unfortunately Bumbershoot (www.bumbershoot.com) doesn't start until 9/2. There must be some bands in town already, though! If you weren't talking about night, I'd say head on over to the Boeing museum.

Pilawt said:

-- Pilawt

For a half a billion dollars it better be a nice place to watch a game. Fortunately, it is. We were just there last Friday night to watch the Ms shut out Boston.

There are a number of good places to eat at the Safe. How about a Japanese food place called "The Intentional Wok"? :D

Have fun flying with Dave. This area is great from the air.

Wow, now that was not the way I was expecting to end this trip! Not only did I get to meet Dave but he made time in his schedule to take me on the best tour of Seattle! Not only did he show me the sights by air but he let me land so I could log the airport... and enter it for the challenge.

Dave thanks for giving a hard trip a good ending!

Missa

Attachments

• DSC00476.JPG
    DSC00476.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC00474.JPG
    DSC00474.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC00472.JPG
    DSC00472.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC00458.JPG
    DSC00458.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Good choice, Missa -- the Mariners lost tonight. :( At least you got to see part of the game! (For those unfamiliar with Seattle, who see Missa's great picture of Safeco Field during the game, don't worry -- it's a legal, ATC-sanctioned route into/out of KBFI.)

-- Pilawt

Missa said:
Wow, now that was not the way I was expecting to end this trip! Not only did I get to meet Dave but he made time in his schedule to take me on the best tour of Seattle! Not only did he show me the sights by air but he let me land so I could log the airport... and enter it for the challenge.

Dave thanks for giving a hard trip a good ending!

Missa

Wonderful to meet you Missa.

It's great to occasionally fly with a pilot like you who knows what they're doing! Might be a record here from first contact at PoA to take off for the flight, and back to PIX on the board. Very glad it worked out for both of us, just too short a time, so you must come back and fly longer next time.

Anybody who frequents PoA is always invited to rattle my cage when they're here in Seattle and I'll treat you to a flight through the islands and the mountains for lunch or something if you like.

Last edited:
Dave Krall CFII said:
Wonderful to meet you Missa.

It's great to occasionally fly with a pilot like you who knows what they're doing! Might be a record here from first contact at PoA to take off for the flight, and back to PIX on the board. Very glad it worked out for both of us, just too short a time, so you must come back and fly longer next time.

Anybody who frequents PoA is always invited to rattle my cage when they're here in Seattle and I'll treat you to a flight through the islands and the mountains for lunch or something if you like.

I'm just sorry that the picture I took of you was in silhouette... I forgot I had turned my flash off. The train picture was really fuzzy and so was the space needle, that's why I didn't post those. Oh well, not all pictures from a moving plane will be good.

Pilawt said:
Good choice, Missa -- the Mariners lost tonight. :( At least you got to see part of the game! (For those unfamiliar with Seattle, who see Missa's great picture of Safeco Field during the game, don't worry -- it's a legal, ATC-sanctioned route into/out of KBFI.)

Yea, Dave had the plane at that time while I was doing my impersonation of a Japanese tourist and I asked if we weren't a little close to the Stadium. Dave said yea, but it's ok... we're on final. I looked forward "Oh, so we are." He finished getting set up for final and gave me back the plane. It wasn't my best landing... but not bad.

Missa

Back