SeaPort Airlines ceases operations

They got rid of the Pc-12s shortly after expanding out of the Northwest. The ones down here in Arkansas looked like crap after a few months and soon after I stopped seeing them. They used some leasing company for a while before switching to Caravans. I heard that they couldn't afford the upkeep costs.

Hopefully Cape Air will come in. Most markets they enter become self-sustaining beyond EAS kickbacks.

Go take a ride on Boutique Air in a PC-12 with @DavidWhite.

Used to fly 121 into Manchester NH and there's a PC12 outfit there, Part 135 I think.

Cape air (9k) is a cessna 402 OP, they also get paid by the government, "essential air service" although they are used in anything but a "essential" manner.

Also have plane sense over there, they are a fractional / 135 type thing.

PC12s are sweet birds, caravans, well the TPE conversions are nice

I think they used Grand Caravans, not PC 12's. The PC 12 guys are Surf Air in CA.

SeaPort began with PC12s but gave the last one back to the leasing company about 3 yrs ago after it was landed gear up in Salina, KS. Been Caravans since. Can't forget the gear that way.

SeaPort began with PC12s but gave the last one back to the leasing company about 3 yrs ago after it was landed gear up in Salina, KS. Been Caravans since. Can't forget the gear that way.

How the heck do you pull that one off, no flows, deaf, I mean that's impressive in a bad way

That's too bad. I hate to see anyone's dream die.

No, literally the only place that was more pond scum to work was Mistakes. And to see these carriers that prey on new pilots go down the drain, it's a good thing. Boutique had already got contracts to take over some of the PNW flying, I'd imagine someone like Southern Air Express will jump on the MEM flying.

Back