Seabee look alike

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
I was at a local airport today that has some pretty interesting stuff on the field (old warbirds and biplanes) and this pusher config plane comes in while I'm fueling. Kinda looked like a Seabee but I don't think it was. Any ideas on what it could be? Sorry, no pics. It was a pusher style with the prop up top. Maybe a Sky Arrow?

Last edited:
:needpics:

Hard to make any suggestions without seeing what you're describing.

Yeah, sorry. Was hoping for other pusher config ideas. Google isn't being too helpful.

A Seabee and a Sky Arrow are vastly different. For one, the Seabee is a hull amphib where the Sky Arrow is primarily a land plane but can be put on floats. It would be very hard to confuse the two.

Lake Ambhib? Very different shape, though:

3442854059_f2f7be2b74.jpg

Could be a Spencer air car. Looks a whole lot like a seabee.

It would be easier to narrow it down if we knew if it was a hulled seaplane, a float plane or just a land plane.

Spencer Air Car (home built)

53.jpg

Republic Seabee (designed by Percival Spencer)

2119729.jpg

There's also the SIAI Rivera sea plane. Looks like a skinny seabee. Giveaway is the boomed tail:

Nardi_FN.333_Riviera_N627_OSH_28.07.10R_edited-2.jpg

Spence was the lead designer of the Bee over at Republic. Something like 850 were built between 1946 and 1948. The original Franklin engine was not quite enough power - If you've ever flown one off the water in the summertime you'll know what I mean. Very roomy though, I spent a night inside one once during a thunderstorm that washed our tent away.

Back