Scotts Island WV WV08

Luscombe Driver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hi folks,
Who's been to Scott's Island WV08....I'm planning a WV trip and would love to stop there.

Thanks
Greg

I have been there. Grass strip on an island not much larger than the strip. I think it's a little less than 2000' grass was good condition. No problem for my 172 with no wheel pants.

Obviously approach is over the water. I just wanted to "collect the strip" so I didn't try to arrange transportation to the mainland. I have been told that the owners may ferry you to shore of someone could meet you with a boat.

It is private and you have to obtain permission before landing,

I'm glad it's in my logbook. Will probably try to fly there again this summer if the rain ever stops...

I have been there. Grass strip on an island not much larger than the strip. I think it's a little less than 2000' grass was good condition. No problem for my 172 with no wheel pants.

Obviously approach is over the water. I just wanted to "collect the strip" so I didn't try to arrange transportation to the mainland. I have been told that the owners may ferry you to shore of someone could meet you with a boat.

It is private and you have to obtain permission before landing,

I'm glad it's in my logbook. Will probably try to fly there again this summer if the rain ever stops...

Just Curious.....who did you contact for permission? Are the names listed in Foreflight accurate?

I got the info from AirNav. I don't use ForeFlight so I can't say if it has the correct info or not...

Airport Ownership and Management from official FAA records
Ownership: Privately-owned
Owner: O. W. MEADOWS & JOHN SCOTT
13-132ND ST
CHESAPEAKE, WV 25315
Phone 304-949-5714
Manager: O. W. MEADOWS, JR.
13-132ND ST
CHESAPEAKE, WV 25315
Phone 304-949-5714

I got the info from AirNav. I don't use ForeFlight so I can't say if it has the correct info or not...

Airport Ownership and Management from official FAA records
Ownership: Privately-owned
Owner: O. W. MEADOWS & JOHN SCOTT
13-132ND ST
CHESAPEAKE, WV 25315
Phone 304-949-5714
Manager: O. W. MEADOWS, JR.
13-132ND ST
CHESAPEAKE, WV 25315
Phone 304-949-5714

So unfortunately the number has been disconnected. I may have found a few leads on a proper contact but no luck yet. Seems like the owners are both in their 80's now. Fingers crossed as this looks like a fun spot to land.

Back