School buys Piper Arrow for complex training...

Hobobiker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hobo
Well, I'm told that the school actually bought two...both of which had been damaged but will use one as the primary and the other for parts.

This will be our trainer. Evidently it suffered a wheels-up landing that damaged the plane and also caused a prop-strike, which necessitated a full engine overhaul. Fun thing for me, since my hobbies include motorcycles and engines outside of the office, is that I got to help the A&P with this engine rebuild as well as the J3 Cub's engine. I guess the good thing is we start with a trainer that has zero hours on a new motor... :D

Well, I'm told that the school actually bought two...both of which had been damaged but will use one as the primary and the other for parts.

This will be our trainer. Evidently it suffered a wheels-up landing that damaged the plane and also caused a prop-strike, which necessitated a full engine overhaul. Fun thing for me, since my hobbies include motorcycles and engines outside of the office, is that I got to help the A&P with this engine rebuild as well as the J3 Cub's engine. I guess the good thing is we start with a trainer that has zero hours on a new motor... :D

Lucky you! I would love to have that kind of anp opportunity! Looking for a career change myself and would love to assist in the same kind of op. Nice looking arrow btw!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Back