Scholarships!

Speed

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Speed
Women in Corporate Aviation has 4 scholarship offerings right now, applications due Jan 5th (we may be extending the deadline, check the website for updates). Visit the website and apply! www.wca-intl.org

We will have more to announce after the Women in Aviation Conference in March. The next round will be NBAA in the fall, totaling over $80,000 worth of scholarships. :)

If I applied and won, would I have to appear in person? :)

Thanks for the info ,will pass it on.

I'm sure the ACLU will be along shortly to fight for a trandgender who flipflops back and for to take advantage of both sides.

If I applied and won, would I have to appear in person? :)

No, though most of our sponsors really enjoy meeting the winner and giving them a hug.

Scholarships are available to men and women the majority of the time. This round we do have two that are women only (out of 4 offered).

Deadline just extended to Jan 19th due to a lack of applicants.

Would like to see scholarships more catered towards late 30's males that have dependents, work full time and want to persue their life long dream...
Just saying most scholarships are for women, kids and minorities, even though a am a minority myself.

I think more people would apply if there wasn't a $40 application fee. Many of the 99's scholarships don't require being a member, just the Amelia Earhart one does. The others which are close to the same monetary amount as the scholarships are available through WCA. I'm a proud member of the 99's (Phoenix chapter), and I feel like the 99's do a great job of using their money in dues for more than scholarships, and people join for much more than the opportunity of scholarships. Just food for thought.

Back