Schaumburg, IL Dinner Fri April 17th

WOW I had to tempt the Migaldi, and I lost :vomit::vomit::vomit:

I feel Like I need to burn out my retinas with a hot poker to get that image out of my head.

By the way what is that from?!?!?!

WOW I had to tempt the Migaldi, and I lost :vomit::vomit::vomit:

I feel Like I need to burn out my retinas with a hot poker to get that image out of my head.

By the way what is that from?!?!?!
It is from a series of short films by Tom Rubnitz of the Pyramid Club in the East Village. Did you catch RuPaul? He was in a couple of the shots. The idea is campy sillyness.

There is another called Ookie Cookie.

But now that you have seen it, you can get the T-shirt!
pickle_surprise_tshirt-p2353914939043648554028_400.jpg

Hammmmm

It's a go!

We are getting ready to go now. I will see you all at 7!

Susan and I will be there......

It's a go!

We are getting ready to go now. I will see you all at 7!
Kand I will be too. We are taking the BMW with the top down. WooHoo a nice day to drive!!

Id fly but by the time I drive up to the airport and preflight I could have driven to Pilot Pete's

Kand I will be too. We are taking the BMW with the top down. WooHoo a nice day to drive!!

Id fly but by the time I drive up to the airport and preflight I could have driven to Pilot Pete's

Yeah, but you'd have a lot more fun this way!

Kent, try not to break any airplanes this time!

As I write this Kate is probably getting a bit tired. Great night for a teaching XC, Good to see you all again!

Bruce

About an hour ten, block to block back to DBQ. Was a nice flight for the first night time in a very long time for me. At least SE.

As I write this Kate is probably getting a bit tired. Great night for a teaching XC, Good to see you all again!

Bruce

Yes, yes I was. Right now I have that second wind thing going. We went to Racine and Waukesha before heading back. Wonderful night flying tonight. We got into Brennand about midnight after refueling in Waukesha.

Our back seat passengers Jordan and Amy really loved the view and the nice flight even though it was late. My student Vanya did a great job navigating and going to airports we weren't originally planning to go to. There was hardly any traffic anywhere but Chicago, so it felt like we had the whole sky and the airports to ourselves. I rarely fly late enough to go into towered airports with the tower closed. It felt like we had a free pass to do just about anything. We talked to Milwaukee approach but other than that the radio was almost dead. I could have flown all night except I'm not that nocturnal!

What a great trip. The weather couldn't have been better and the company was good too! Buzz it was nice meeting you, and the rest of you, nice seeing you again.

Attachments

• 090417_06c.jpg
    090417_06c.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 20
Had a great time, it was super meeting everyone and putting faces to names. Unfortunately I really didn't get to speak with your student, he seems like a really good guy.

Yes, yes I was. Right now I have that second wind thing going. We went to Racine and Waukesha before heading back. Wonderful night flying tonight. We got into Brennand about midnight after refueling in Waukesha.

Wow! What a great experience for a student! I wish I had a training XC as nice as that. Can he afford paying you that $50 an hour? :rofl:

It would be very hard to drop out after having a night like that!

Wow! What a great experience for a student! I wish I had a training XC as nice as that. Can he afford paying you that $50 an hour? :rofl:

It would be very hard to drop out after having a night like that!

I'm big on helping my students have as much fun as possible! Vanya wanted to see Chicago's lights so I came up with a way to do it.

$100 hamburgers are a mandatory part of my curriculum! I've taught XCs that included a round of mini golf or a movie. I have even had a primary student fly me to Atlanta in the Sky Arrow just because I had an empty seat. When my students have fun, I have fun, so it's a win-win!

My back seat passengers were loving it so much that they were joking they'd like to take the plane up when Vanya and I got done.

Kate,

It’s easy to see your enthusiasm is undeniable. While flying is hard work and serious business, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be enjoyable also. Keep up the good work.

We did meet for Richard Lewis at Zanies with Scott and Karen. It was a nice night, pre-theater sandwiches and all.

Ol' man in black Lewis was pretty good.

Well, I'm sorry you guys didn't come on down here. Leslie and I had dinner tonight in the building that housed the offices of Pan Am when they started their international service. It's now owned by Kelly McGinnis (Top Gun) and is called Kelly's Caribbean Bar.

Back