Schaumburg, IL Dinner Fri April 17th

skyflyer8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skyflyr
Hi All,

I am planning a cross-country with a student Friday April 17th with a visit to Schaumburg, IL (06C).

Dinner at 7 p.m. at Pilot Pete's for all who are interested! Please join us and post here! My student is learning all about $100 hamburgers (last time it was steak in Sheboygan).

I will need to cancel the trip if the weather isn't conducive. I will post here sometime Friday by 5 p.m. to confirm whether I'm coming. But if I can't make it, hey get together without me! Hope to see some POA-ers.

I'll be there.

Kent can hook with me but if he flies he can just as well go the extra 20 minutes to 06C.

Wish we could, but we're overnighting in Sarasota on our way down to Key West. Okay, Yeah. I'd MUCH rather be in Key West than Pilot Pete's, but we'll miss your company!

Wish we could, but we're overnighting in Sarasota on our way down to Key West. Okay, Yeah. I'd MUCH rather be in Key West than Pilot Pete's, but we'll miss your company!
Missed you guys by just a few days. Have fun. Are you taking the back roads into the keys? It is a fun drive that way.

Also stop at the Tervis tumbler outlet in Osprey (south of Sarasota) for some nice plastic glasses.

Hi All,

I am planning a cross-country with a student Friday April 17th with a visit to Schaumburg, IL (06C).

Dinner at 7 p.m. at Pilot Pete's for all who are interested! Please join us and post here! My student is learning all about $100 hamburgers (last time it was steak in Sheboygan).

I will need to cancel the trip if the weather isn't conductive. I will post here sometime Friday by 5 p.m. to confirm whether I'm coming. But if I can't make it, hey get together without me! Hope to see some POA-ers.
Now you need to fly IFR if the weather isn't conductive.

BE THERE!

Last edited:
Mmmmm... Pilot Pete's... Yummy. Have fun y'all, wish I could be there.

Nice. Just a bit faster than my Cherokee on that trip.
Leslie had that leg. (I like her legs! :))

We had hoped to make it down Tuesday night, but there was a band across central FL that didn't want to be traversed, and then more thunderstorms around KEYW that evening the we weren't even aware of. When ATC said that they had a plane drop 1000' in one radar sweep, we knew it was time to divert. Got a nice suite/room courtesy of Volo Aviation at the Hyatt Place for $99.

Edit: I'm posting this from the porch of our suite here in Key West. About to head for the ubiquitous sunset celebration at Mallory Square!

Edit: I'm posting this from the porch of our suite here in Key West. About to head for the ubiquitous sunset celebration at Mallory Square!
Say hi to the silver dude for me. I am not sure if it is the same guy but he is always good for a laugh.

Have a good time in Key Weird! I'll want to talk to you about your SRQ to KW flight. One of these days I will fly back down to FL and use the plane to vacation.

Bruce, Susan and I may not be there now.

I just got my reminder that I have tickets for Jazz at Symphony Center. :frown3:

I would, but I leave for accelerated CSEL training very soon, and I've got plans to be studying with my mentor Friday night....darn...:frown2:

Leslie had that leg. (I like her legs! :))

We had hoped to make it down Tuesday night, but there was a band across central FL that didn't want to be traversed, and then more thunderstorms around KEYW that evening the we weren't even aware of. When ATC said that they had a plane drop 1000' in one radar sweep, we knew it was time to divert. Got a nice suite/room courtesy of Volo Aviation at the Hyatt Place for $99.

Sounds like you are having a horrible time:yikes::D

Sounds like you are having a horrible time:yikes::D
Absolutely. :( Just bought some hot sauces from a guy who used to fly a Cherokee Six until a detached retina and galucoma put an end to his flying. :(

Taking the boat to the Dry Tortugas tomorrow. Decided not to spend the extra $$$ for a seaplane. May regret it, though!

If it's still about 7:00pm, I'll try to stop in. I'd like to meet everyone.:smile:

We're in.

I'm going to turn in the concert tickets.

And we are going to see Richard Lewis at the 9 PM show Saturday night.

The weather should be awesome! Can't wait to see you all there. I'll post tomorrow before leaving. Think I should call ahead even if I don't get the exact number of people right?

The weather should be awesome! Can't wait to see you all there. I'll post tomorrow before leaving. Think I should call ahead even if I don't get the exact number of people right?

You could warn them if you want. We often end up closing up the place and making them hang around. Having a big crowd unexpectedly could make for a big night for the only waitress left.

Seriously, Scott....WTF????

where do you find this stuff????

Back