SCBC

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
SCBC stands for the South Carolina Breakfast Club. They have been having weekly breakfast fly ins for years and years, it goes way back. Eman has been to a few of them, and I was going to post about this coming weekends run to KCRE (N. Myrtle Beach, one of my favorite places to fly anytime) but when I checked the website to confirm, I got some bad news. Gerald Ballard, the gentleman who has been running the show there passed away in December.

At every breakfast fly in, he would make announcements and 100% of the time would recognize anyone who was there for their first time. He had a ball, an "award", if you will, that was passed around every week for the worst landing. They did a 50/50 raffle each time, and he always had some funny story to tell the people who were there. In all honesty, even though the fly ins were pretty quick...fly in, eat breakfast, listen to a story or two, then go home...he made everyone feel totally welcome for that brief time.

Video dedication to Mr. Ballard

SCBC

I'm still going to try to make this weekend, if they're going to have it, which I think they will.

How many times did you receive the ball?

so many times that they just decided to name the ball after me. now they can say "this week you get to hold emans ball"

They wrote a song about you. No wait.....that was Hitler.

Breakfast Club is a great group and a very good reason to do a cross country. Lots of cool airplanes there, sometimes even warbirds, etc. too.

hhhhmmmm, sunday 3/4 at KLRO, Mt Pleasant, SC. I'm just saying "hhmmmmm"...........

I would like to but I just can't commit yet. The boss lady might have other plans for me.

Back