Say hello to our new bird...

Chances are better... LOL

I'm kind of waiting to see what they do with the Archer.

For a high wing, she ain't bad! ;)

Very nice paint job.

Very nice! Hope you enjoy flying it!

Chances are better... LOL

I'm kind of waiting to see what they do with the Archer.

Well, if you turn "they" into "we" by joining the club, you can have a say in what that is! Our next upgrade discussion gathering is next Wednesday in the clubhouse at the south ramp. :thumbsup:

But I am curious - What would make you more interested in joining? Replacing the Archer with a newer Archer? Another Diamond Star? An LSA? Something else? (PM if you'd rather)

That is a very sweeeeet looking 182. Like the paint. Did they remove control surfaces and wings when they painted? how much did the paint job cost? How long till you get 12 hrs in this one?

Last edited:
Sweet Bird!

After the sad demise of our much-loved 182, we went through the process of identifying the best type for replacement, working through the insurance claim and bank financing, finding the right bird, negotiation, prebuy inspection, and finally waiting for the &*%#&*$@ government to open back up...

Friday was the day to bring the new baby home. I flew AA to BWI and brought home our latest addition, a Cessna R182 Skylane RG.

Say hi to Capitol City Flyers' new fastest bird, N1710R. :) She joins our DA40 and Archer in the fleet.

EDIT: She's better-looking now...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very nice....congrats!!

Sure is amazing what a coat of paint can do. That thing looks gorgeous now! If you dont mind me asking, how much does a paint job like that run?

Looks great Kent! You have a fantastic club!

That, we do! :thumbsup:

That is a very sweeeeet looking 182. Like the paint. Did they remove control surfaces and wings when they painted? how much did the paint job cost? How long till you get 12 hrs in this one?

Yep, everything that can come off, does.

It cost $14,300. A simpler scheme could have been less.

Back