Save the Date-10th Fly In at 6Y9

Dizaster

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Diz

It is that time of year when I get to post about the next PoA fly in at Six Yankee Niner- Labor Day Weekend!

This year is our TENTH! Our TENTH ANNUAL (Ed, Tim- you with me?) I don’t think any of us thought about where the first fly in was taking us, and here we are…

Yes—like Adam’s- we also hit the tenth! So I have a challenge to all of you who over the years have said that you were “going to come”, “going to try to come”, did try to come. Come this year and help us celebrate! (Spike, Gary- are you still reading?)

Sidnaw has seen quite a few changes over the years. A couple of you (Grant& Leslie) have been there EVERY year to see the ups and downs, and a lot of you have been there many times. I personally want to thank each and every one of you who have supported us.

In addition to the said challenge we would love to see as many “repeaters” as we can. I know it’s not likely that we could ever get everyone who has ever been there to come back, but it would be sweet to see how many actually could.

IF you are planning on returning…be it your second time or your 9th, please shoot me an email or a pm. If you can remember how many times you have visited- for the fly in (or for any other reason: Kent, Scott& Karen, Grant& Leslie, Ryan & Jenn, Randy& Sue, Joe, Kate, and I apologize for names I didn’t mention-) please let me know. I won’t say anymore than I have a plan and I need input.

The helicopter will be back this year. That activity seems to draw in most of the town so hopefully all goes well with the weather this year and speaking of which- THIS IS THE LAST TIME THAT THE WEATHER WILL BE MENTIONED!

The old mini mart, now The Sidnaw Station, has a nice Friday night planned for those coming in early. They are being so supportive. Saturday night will be the usual at Hoppy’s. Jane has also been extremely good to us, and I can’t stress that enough.

The website has been updated with the new flyer and I finally got some pictures to Ed for 2012, 2013, & 2014. Ugh. I’ll try to stay more on top of things…but no promises.

So it’s a tad over 3 months. Mark your calendars, save the date, whatever you need to do to keep us in mind. We are not a fancy place, nor do we have any amenities to speak of, but we can promise a unique weekend.

Ooooooh, some of you been called out!

We are planning to come. This will be our first time. Very exciting. :)

I really wish I could come but the UP is so dang far from the LP (Lower Peninsula, a.k.a. Florida) where I live.

Hope you have a great turnout and all have a blast.

John

We'll be there! Hopefully flying the Cherokee 235, but maybe another plane or (shudder) driving again. We've already booked one of the cabins. You'll need to count the number of times we've been there on the wall. I think we missed one flyin but were there on 7/4 that year.

We will be there by Arrow as first choice and RV as second choice.This will be number 3

Chris and I are there. We'll likely stay for a week in the UP waterfalling again (but likely most of it over between Marquette and Munising).

Not sure if we're flying or driving...I think we'll be taking another month long trip. This time (tentatively) to Door County, the UP, Mackinac, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Toledo, & Grand Rapids (the last two for friends...not scenery!).

Or we may reverse the order.

I think we'll be taking another month long trip. This time (tentatively) to Door County, the UP, Mackinac, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Toledo, & Grand Rapids (the last two for friends...not scenery!).

Friends don't let friends vacation in Toledo.

I thought Toledo has been closed by the EPA. Or was it the CDC.

I wish I could make it one of these times. If it was in the middle of the summer I'd have a better shot at it, but Labor Day weekend is after start of classes here, just like it was back in Detroit.

One of these years I'll have to come over for the 4th. Probably won't be this year though, even though I expect I'll be a lot closer than I am right now. ;)

Chris and I are there. We'll likely stay for a week in the UP waterfalling again (but likely most of it over between Marquette and Munising).

Not sure if we're flying or driving...I think we'll be taking another month long trip. This time (tentatively) to Door County, the UP, Mackinac, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, Toledo, & Grand Rapids (the last two for friends...not scenery!).

Stop by PTK on your way.

You're stopping to see us in Grand Rapids ? or, You are stopping to see us also when you're in Grand Rapids ,right?:yes:

Any options for those of us that the FAA has cast aside as unwantables?

Would be kind of cool to say I did the first and the 10th.

Any options for those of us that the FAA has cast aside as unwantables?

Would be kind of cool to say I did the first and the 10th.

You're in Colorado. Clark is in Colorado...

That's a beautiful aircraft. Who's is that?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sure...if I have to. :)

Well I think it's in the rules that you have to,you don't want to be unruly and face the wrath of Diz.:hairraise: I can tell you from 45 years of knowing her ---it is not pleasant.:nono:
Of course we could be up at 6Y9 as you go through.:dunno:

A little over a month away....

Who is in so far? Ed- can you start a list?

I hate to say it but Chris and I are likely out. We're leaving for Alaska for an extended trip this Saturday. This trip came up "spur of the moment" and thus we likely won't be in a position to take another one so soon as it doesn't take long for the farm to get out from under us when we're gone. I may come solo. If I do, I'll camp.

I was wondering if that was going to be the case...we will miss you "both" but will keep our fingers crossed that you can make at least part of the weekend.

AND....have a great time in AK!!!

I don't know what you are talking about, it says Sun. ;)

Well, as good lookin' at Liz is...it likely means "here comes the 'sun'."

As in...she's coming.

As in...there's always a ray of sunshine in the room when she's around.

The other Tim isn't going to be there, I can collect for him, however I will not pass it on to him next time I see him. Sorry Tim

I filled out the attendance sheet but somehow managed to attend three times. Cellphones and one bar of service I guess, although if I bounced a couple times on landing would that count at three arrivals?

Leslie and I have one of the cabins. We have been known to share the second bedroom with others.

Do you know if there are any cabins left? If so, whats the contact info for the cabins?

Do you know if there are any cabins left? If so, whats the contact info for the cabins?

No cabins remained adjacent to the airport when I checked a month ago or so. Kennedy likely has some but they're 5 miles or so down the road...a cool spot though if you have transportation. Otherwise, there's the schoolhouse honeymoon suite! :)

The other Tim isn't going to be there, I can collect for him, however I will not pass it on to him next time I see him. Sorry Tim

No, Liz just needs to make it down to GASTON'S so I can collect in person! :goofy:

Does this mean you might make it to Sidnaw? I was thinking you were going to be in AK during the 6Y9 fly in and wasn't going to be able to make it.

I "might" make it...might...

The original plan was to take a three or four week road trip again for our anniversary. This time doing a loop around Lake Michigan including stops in Door County, The U.P., Mackinac, Traverse City, Frankenmuth, etc.

But the trip to AK came available (or should I say a Buddy's cabin near Soldotna/Kenai did) so we went on that trip instead.

Thus 6Y9 is iffy right now, Gaston's is a definite though.

No cabins remained adjacent to the airport when I checked a month ago or so. Kennedy likely has some but they're 5 miles or so down the road...a cool spot though if you have transportation. Otherwise, there's the schoolhouse honeymoon suite! :)

I think we have one cabin and the helicopter folk have the other. Of course, there are two bedrooms in each cabin.:idea:

Back