Save the Date-10th Fly In at 6Y9

Thanks Grant, for now I'm planning on pitching the tent under the wing....but may need help with coffee.

Thanks Grant, for now I'm planning on pitching the tent under the wing....but may need help with coffee.

Shoot me an email or pm if you'd like and I can give you more information.

Yep but not affected by weather as much

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Sigh, shall I tell Jeannette you don't think she is useful or would you like to have the honors?

Sad. Thought this might be the year... :mad:

Attachments

• Bo No Fly.jpg
    Bo No Fly.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 27
If that's the replacement engine, you can have that running in two days no problem.

You guys(and gals) may of hit the lottery with the weather forecast, unlike last year. My pick at 'The Station' is the 'Widow-Maker', usually on draft.

FridayMostly sunny, with a high near 84.
Friday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 64.
SaturdayMostly sunny, with a high near 86.
Saturday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 64.
SundayPartly sunny, with a high near 84.

That's the forecast for IMT as of now. Have fun.

Throat punch coming.

It was supposed to be clear in Marshfield this past weekend at this time last week. Instead it was clouds and rain.

We were wondering what we need to bring to the fly in and what facilities are on site?

Does everybody bring his own food? Drinks? Google Maps shows a 'Mini-Mart' - I assume this is a small supermarket!?

Are there bathrooms and possibly even showers somewhere close by?

What to bring:

Yourselves, camping/sleeping gear, and whatever else you think you may need for the weekend - like CAMP CHAIRS.

Friday night we will be patronizing the Sidnaw Station. Which is the 'mini-mart' on the map. It's not a small supermarket. They have very, very sparse selection. They have ice and stuff, but you aren't going to stock up for a weekend there.

It has been sold and remodeled, and it is now a bar and grill. They have burgers and pizza and nachos - your typical bar food. They will have an outside area set up for us on Friday night with a fire pit/ring and I'm sure food and drink specials to go along with it.

We will also organize a run into Watton - where there's a full blown grocery store. It's about 5 minutes to the east. So anything you don't want to pack into the plane, food and drink wise - or anything you'd get at a grocery store - you can get there.

Near the pilot 'shack' there is a porta-john which is always available. There are also shower facilities available - yes with hot water.

Saturday morning breakfast, pilots will be on their own. You have the option of buying food the night before at the grocery store and making your own breakfast on the field, or going to Sidnaw Eats across the highway from the airport.

Saturday night is the traditional trip to Hoppy's in Kenton. #1 Neighborhood Bar in the entire state, and also voted as having the best burger in the U.P.

Sunday morning breakfast, will be a surprise. I only say that because I am unsure of the plan this year. In the past we have had breakfast at our cabin - eggs, pancakes, breakfast meats, etc... and we have also gone to Hardwood Steakhouse where they have done a huge breakfast offering for us.

For the people that stick around beyond Sunday morning, we just figure out what people are in the mood for, and go from there.

Jeannette is planning to make some spicy dip for snacks at the pilot lounge. I think she is also planning on Smores supplies including the sticks if the fire pit works out.

I've been told the plane won't be available until the end of the week, so we're planning to drive up. That means we'll have a car available if anyone needs to do a run to Watton or something.

When are you guys heading up?

If that's the replacement engine, you can have that running in two days no problem.

If that was the replacement engine, I'd be flying now!

The replacement is 4-6 weeks out.

When are you guys heading up?

Plan to leave after work on Thursday, stopping overnight possibly in Green Bay or Appleton. We will then continue on to Sidnaw Friday morning.

We'll need reservations if it's Green Bay, though, because there's a preseason game there at 6PM.

Back