Saratoga down in Western KY

Skyrys62

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Meet the Fokkers
This was a fairly local guy.
I personally did not know him, but know a few pilots who do/did.
Talking among them today, the other pilots were not surprised and called this guy a 'cowboy'.
Also was fairly new to the Saratoga so the story goes.
Looks like a night flight on Halloween.
However, the article has an odd statement about the Orthopedic Institute saying he was flying in from South Dakota when his engine failed.
Maybe there is some information or radio comm that verifies that.. I don't know.

Sad to hear either way, but especially so as a family man.

Damn, seem to be on a roll lately... this forum is waay to busy.

https://www.kfvs12.com/2019/11/01/small-plane-crashed-just-north-barkley-regional-airport-paducah/

Last edited:
Sad, as a new Saratoga owner I understand that you need to be vigilant and ahead of the airplane at all times. If new to it you can easily fall way behind.

Paducah isn't really close to Bowling Green, so the title is a little off.
He left Mitchell, SD at 4:30 that afternoon, went down about 4 miles from Barkley airport around 3 hrs after takeoff.

Makes me wonder, in the Lance the detents for the fuel selector aren't always what I'd call crisp. I've also on one occasion managed to shove the selector past the detent switching to the Left tank and actually put it in the off position. Caught it immediately and put it back before anything happened but I can see doing it when busy or distracted and missing it.

Back