Santa's Workshop RNAV 18

Hey this is great. Thanks for sharing. Going to print and leave out for kids to stumble on

My favorites

RIP Gradma above CLAUS
Ground speed/Glide Path notation about Dasher
Egg Nog

10 bucks says he doesn’t do the procedure turn and get violated!!

Cute! Thanks for sharing. Wish I'd found it in time for Christmas. I managed to guess well enough to score 100%, even though I'm pre-solo.

This plate always makes its rounds every winter. It doesn't get old. :)

Plus this, AFAIK, is the only straight in approach to rwy 18 with approach course of 360*T. :D

Yes, and that's as it should be. No matter where you are approaching the North Pole from, the course is always going to be due North, or 360 degrees.
As soon as you pass above the North Pole, you will be going South, which is 180 degrees.
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Edit:

One more thing, I didn't see any notes about Olive, the other reindeer.:)

Last edited:
So is the above actually true? If Santa is located at the actual North Pole (true north) which is what I have always thought was the story and considering you would fly magnetic headings to the runway, would the above descriptions be accurate?

Yes, and that's as it should be. No matter where you are approaching the North Pole from, the course is always going to be due North, or 360 degrees.
As soon as you pass above the North Pole, you will be going South, which is 180 degrees.
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Edit:

One more thing, I didn't see any notes about Olive, the other reindeer.:)
Went the way of the back course approach I imagine

Back