Santa Maria Ca.

Southpaw

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ernest Taft
Any POA members in this area? I'm here visiting Daughter and will be here till Thanksgiving.
10" of new snow in North Montana . Seemed like a good time to visit a snow free area.
A few years back I met a couple of pilots by a chance meeting at the Local McDonald's .Had a nice visit over a cup of coffee.
Will be checking out the airport. Granddaughter says it has interesting museum.

Not I, we are down the road at MYF, although I enjoy the SMX and San Luis Obispo / Santa Ynez areas

If you haven't been there, plan a hop over to Camarillo (CMA). They have a great place for breakfast or lunch and lots of chances to say hi to fellow pilots. There is also a CAF museum there, you can walk to it from the parking outside the restaurant.

If you want to meet some local pilots, we are having our EAA meeting on Sunday Nov 20th at noon on the West Side of KSBP behind San Luis Avionics. One of our members just finished his initial training for SkyWest and will be talking about his experience. Hot dogs and donuts will be provided.

If you want to meet some local pilots, we are having our EAA meeting on Sunday Nov 20th at noon on the West Side of KSBP behind San Luis Avionics. One of our members just finished his initial training for SkyWest and will be talking about his experience. Hot dogs and donuts will be provided.
That sounds doable. Will try to make it up there on the 20th.
Thanks for the heads up.

"I will NOT drink Merlot!!!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Not exactly there, but close enough.

Interesting . Last trip down here in 2018 we did do a tasting tour going north a ways on the 101.
Back in Dec of 66 we moved to Merced CA from Montana. Wife liked some pinapple wine made in Fresno.
Years later after moving back to Montana, our small town liquor store had some in inventory. She loved it but it gave her terrible gas. Once that supply was gone it was a blessing.
When we moved home we stopped at every wine tasting room up 99 . Had a car top carrier full of wine by the time we got to Sacramento.

Back