Santa came a little early, like 12PM central time today.

Discussion in 'Medical Topics' started by inspectorpacket, Dec 21, 2017.

1. inspectorpacket

inspectorpacket Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    inspectorpacket
    and he was dressed a lot like Doc Bruce.

For those that did not see my introductory post (linky) after the knee allowed me to put some weight on it and I got the ok from the surgeon to travel, I decided to take a trip north.

My present.... a brand spanking new Third Class medical cert !!

I want to reiterate what others here have said many times (and I have only been lurking for 2 months) that if you think there is even the slightest chance of something in your medical history causing a bump in the road. Run, don't walk, to the near fax machine and get Doc Bruce your stuff (and pay his consult fee). He is the kindest and most thorough person to walk you through it. If you take his advice, he wont steer you wrong, but you have to do your part as well.

For me, that was diet and exercise to get a few readings under control and I lost ~20lbs to boot ;-)

Bruce - if you see this, thank you for the wonderful experience today, and I did celebrate by having a burger at Charlies, thanks for the tip.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Rushie, overdrive148, rtk11 and 14 others like this.
  2. F01LA

F01LA Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Congrats. Five years ago this month, I took the trip to Peoria and had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Bruce, spending some time with him, and of course receiving a medical I wasn't sure at first I could get. It really does feel like Christmas!

Since then, I've seen several pilots go through months of uncertainty, tests, and anxious waiting simply because they "winged it" with a local AME instead of getting straight answers from someone who knows. It's one of the biggest no-brainers in aviation if you have a potentially difficult medical.

Here was my write-up from the time:
    https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/back-from-peoria-a-success-story.55046/

inspectorpacket likes this.
  3. Vance Breese

Vance Breese Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Vance Breese
    Congratulations!

inspectorpacket likes this.
  4. bbchien

bbchien Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Bruce C
  5. Skywalker

Skywalker Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    Skywalker
    Congratulations! :cheers::cheerswine:

6. bbchien

bbchien Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Bruce C
    I may have the person incorrectly, but IIRC this a Son-Father team. Son is a CFI. This is very sweet.