San Fransisco

Tmpendergrass

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tmpendergrass
A few friends are going to spend a day or two in San Fransisco. I'm trying to figure out what the best airport is in the bay area is with good transportation options into the city. Would love to hear any personal experience from you guys.
Thanks!

San Carlos KSQL is probably your best bet. That or you could fly into KOAK and take BART into the city.

San Carlos if you are going to grab a cab downtown and are not afraid of complicated airspace tucked under the Class B right next to SFO. Expect about a $50 cab ride. OAK is a cheaper cab ride or you can get the FBO to take you to the BART station. That is about the only thing cheap at OAK, but it is pretty easy to get into and has an ILS on the GA side of the airport.

Were probably gonna try and take BART since it's pretty cheap and fast. Do you know what the tied own fee at OAK is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. I think it was around $20 a day last time I was in there, but my memory may be faulty. Check with Kaiser Air and there might be other alternatives like a transient ramp.

I have flown into OAK a few times and used Business Jet Center (looks like they may be gone now). I usually bought fuel, but don't remember any other charges and they gave a lift to BART and picked me up when I called (I tipped of course). It was a pretty convenient way to do it. Bummer their gone. It wasn't that long ago that I wen there. :(

From SQL, it is a 1 mile walk to the caltrain station, a $5 ticket to the king station, then a $2 ticket on Muni to anywhere in the city.

Hans at the pilot shop offers a limousine service.

There are dedicated zipcars and Avis cars parked there a few weeks ago.

But the things you DO see on the other hand....

There's some sort of annual celebration with costumes (or not!), but I've never managed to be up there on the right day to see the show.

Last edited:
Oh by the way, San Francisco is spelled with two "c"s.

Yeah, the way Southern Californians say highway names always cracks me up!

Hmm, it's been a few years since you've been here, hasn't it?

San Francisco is a very different place from what it was in 1970, just like Detroit is. It's just doing a bit better.

Are you saying that you we are not gonna meet some gentle people there?

And it was from 1967

Back