Salty's Crash Speculation Thread

Here's a picture of Salty on one of his many rides back to his plane:
tradingplaces35th2717.jpg

Seriously, though, as an owner if an M20C, I'll be interested in the details. Glad you got it down without serious injury.
I believe I could hang with you fellas for awhile.

Yeah, when I said to write things down, I didn't mean publicly. Once the dust settles you can fill us in. @Salty you're in rarefied territory, someone who lost the engine, crashed the airplane and walked away.

Talking could be apeeling, but better to just suck it up.

Glad you're OK ... guys are pretty harsh here with the jokes, they must like you a lot;)

Many of the orange groves in FL are converting to either Tangerines or Peaches. So, some other field may have provided a ore peachy situation.

Many of the orange groves in FL are converting to either Tangerines or Peaches. So, some other field may have provided a ore peachy situation.

Wow ... are you saying he could have been Mr. Tangerine Man?

I have a drinking problem

0848dbca098a8484232c790a3d1a6a4f.gif

(One of those drinks is a vodka and orange juice. Just saying…)

Just before my insurance renewal in Oct, I had a broker do an appraisal. My previous hull value was only 2/3" of the (Oct.) current hull value. And, it cost me another $1K/year to insure it for the new value. I plan on another appraisal next year due to the market.

I'm going to up the insurance on mine this year. Insurance should reflect reality.

Early indication is that the weather was not a factor. Preliminary analysis showed too much CarbonDioxide in his drink and in conjunction with his recent colonoscopy left a high pressure system in the plane!

The NTSB prelim is now available

The NTSB prelim is now available
But since this is the speculation thread, we will just continue speculating what is in it rather than bothering to read it. :)

4 gallons of fuel in the right tank....... Salty, glad you and your wife are good, but please don't do that again.

4 gallons of fuel in the right tank....... Salty, glad you and your wife are good, but please don't do that again.
That's 30 minutes of fuel. And 30 more in the other tank.

The report didn't make it clear that right tank was selected, which is why the amount of fuel in that tank was relevant, and that there was also fuel in the other tank.

I assume that’s 4 gallons useable, right? Not total?
My JPI was calibrated to show a bit less than actual usable. On more than one occasion, at altitude, I've allowed the gauge to read 0 and go to a red X with the engine still running.

Back