Sad day for military airshow teams

Already individually posts on both of these.

But Yea, what are the odds of the blues and the thunderbirds both having crashes.

Sad day indeed.

and the local 4:30p news here in Chicago had the T-Bird crash but not a word on the Blue Angel crash.

"In my 31 years of Air Force firefighting and public affairs, I've seen a number of aircraft crashes. This one is in very good shape; the aircraft is totally intact, it did not catch fire.
"I think it is a testament to the exceptional pilotism of our Air Force Thunderbird pilot."
Yes, after he bailed out, his psychic piloting skills allowed the plane to fly to a better crash.

Blue Angel #5 is still at FRG broken down from last weekends airshow.

and the local 4:30p news here in Chicago had the T-Bird crash but not a word on the Blue Angel crash.
That's probably because POTUS was present for the T-bird crash. It's a Chicago thing.

Blue Angel #5 is still at FRG broken down from last weekends airshow.
Very bad time for military aviation. Just last week a Navy O6 was testifying before the HASC regarding the maintenance and parts backlogs which have resulted in a shortage of airworthy aircraft....as he was testifying, the two Hornets collided off VACAPES.

Now this happens a week later. We are in very bad shape indeed.

Yeah in Chicago, his constituents when they hear the word Thunderbird think fine wine.

Yeah in Chicago, his constituents when they hear the word Thunderbird think fine wine.
Speaking of Chicago, that just reminded me of the line from the Blues Brothers...."that Night Train's a mean wine!"

Very bad time for military aviation. Just last week a Navy O6 was testifying before the HASC regarding the maintenance and parts backlogs which have resulted in a shortage of airworthy aircraft....as he was testifying, the two Hornets collided off VACAPES.

Now this happens a week later. We are in very bad shape indeed.

I saw a couple photos of debris. Happened right off Oregon inlet.

Really sorry to hear about the Blue Angels crash with a fatality today. The super hornet and T-birds crashes resulted in no injuries.

I hope none of these crashes are related to funding, weather it be lack of currency due to reduced flight time or stretching maintenance intervals etc..

attachment.php

All these planes have been used A LOT since 9-11 and all the constant Middle East wars, and now we're deploying them on Russia's western border for even more use. Remember a couple years ago they cancelled the TBird and Blues due to the budget. We are falling behind in development and the Chinese and Russkies are catching up, and not just in aviation but Naval and other as well.

All these planes have been used A LOT since 9-11 and all the constant Middle East wars, and now we're deploying them on Russia's western border for even more use. Remember a couple years ago they cancelled the TBird and Blues due to the budget. We are falling behind in development and the Chinese and Russkies are catching up, and not just in aviation but Naval and other as well.
Oh, the F-35 will solve all our problems! The PowerPoint slides said so so it MUST be true!

Maybe, if it's ever declared operational. Air Force and Congress talking about getting the jigs out o storage (at least they kept them) and building more F-22s.

Back