Sad Day for Me

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
One of the bedrocks of our airport died today. He was president of the EAA Chapter 1025 and had grown it exponentially. He was on the City's Airport Advisory Committee with me. He was gregarious, generous, unselfish and just a nice guy. He had also built himself a single seat MiniMax airplane, which was a bit of an airport joke since some two years after completion he'd never flown it. Today he did. Only a hundred feet into the air the first time, it stalled and he spun in. Clyde Denmark's many, many friends here are very sad.

Lance,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

bill

Lance F said:
One of the bedrocks of our airport died today. Clyde Denmark's many, many friends here are very sad.
Lance, I'm sorry; that's so sad. He sounds like he was a great guy who will be missed by many.

I am so sorry to hear that, Lance. My thoughts are with you.

Lance F said:
One of the bedrocks of our airport died today. He was president of the EAA Chapter 1025 and had grown it exponentially. He was on the City's Airport Advisory Committee with me. He was gregarious, generous, unselfish and just a nice guy. He had also built himself a single seat MiniMax airplane, which was a bit of an airport joke since some two years after completion he'd never flown it. Today he did. Only a hundred feet into the air the first time, it stalled and he spun in. Clyde Denmark's many, many friends here are very sad.

Sorry to hear this. :-(

Hi Lance,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Sounds as if you could use a hug. Put your left hand over your right shoulder, then place your right hand over your left shoulder and squeeze tightly.

Brook

Steve said:
:(

I never know what to say in situations like this, just know that I share your grief. Every pilot is a part of a small community, imho. The loss of any one affects us all.
For a guy who doesn't know what to say Steve said it perfectly. A part of a small community indeed, and indeed a loss which effects us all.

Lance F said:
Clyde Denmark's many, many friends here are very sad.
We're sorry for the loss. A few years ago we lost a guy in his newly completed Rotorway. It was sad.:-(

Lance: I'm so sorry to be aware of the tragedy. "Things" can happen, soooooo fast and, seemingly, out of nowhere. Yesterday, just a few miles from my house, 37 campers and 11 staff members were rushed to area hospitals(two were airlifted). Amazingly, only one listed as critical, since elevated to serious [ head injuries). ????????????????????
Driver inattention (or what some of us would refer to as pilot error) on the part of the bus driver.
My thoughts are with you and your community.

HR

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your friend. But, at least he left this world doing something he loved. That is how I want to leave!

My Condolences...Lynn

Lance F said:

That's just a shame. The only consolation I can give you is that I'll bet he's looking down, glad that he was able to fly his plane before his passing.

My thoughts go to Mr. Denmark's family and friends.

Lance, that is so sad. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Lance,

I saw this news on Channel 5 the other day and thought of you. The story was well-done; no little airplane scare. Rather, it was a nice tribute to Clyde. The reporter mentioned how he had tripled EAA membership there and had the Tuskegee Airmen come visit. They all had even signed the tail of his plane. Truly a great loss.

As others have expressed, all involved will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Rich

P.S. You know, after all this time flying around Atlanta, I've never stopped at Covington. Maybe I should visit.

On the 4th, yesterday, we had a big party at the airport as is our custom. The pastor of the First Baptist Church here in Covington, and an avid aviator, gave some great remarks about Clyde before we ate and appropriately ended them with the words "Let's party!" as Clyde would have wanted.
Thanks everybody for your comments.

Back