RRRRRRRough River 2023! (2I3 4/21/2023 - 4/23/2023)

4/21 - 4/23

• that is a good weekend for me, I'm in!

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • that is not a good weekend for me or I just hate having fun, I'm out!

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
True and false respectively. We brought my old boy in 2019.
View attachment 110508

well I'll be damned. that's my bottle of wine on the table so I know I was there but I don't recall a dog being there, not that me not remembering something is surprising. mods, please note the date/time in the log, eman was wrong!

Alright. My cabin is booked!

It is booked right @eman1200 ?

gotcha covered my brotha

finger-snap.gif

Anyone want to split a cabin with my wife and I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're in, although there's some confusion as to whether there's cabins available or not. I guess they have six months to straighten it out.

I’d be up for sharing a cabin is someone has room in the first loop, otherwise I’ll just book a room in the lodge.

We're in, although there's some confusion as to whether there's cabins available or not. I guess they have six months to straighten it out.

hhhmmmmm. There’s 6 cabins in that one area but there’s a whole other section as well. Unless some people booked and haven’t mentioned it yet, I’m surprised to hear this.

hhhmmmmm. There’s 6 cabins in that one area but there’s a whole other section as well. Unless some people booked and haven’t mentioned it yet, I’m surprised to hear this.
I was specifically requesting the first loop. She seemed confused. They definitely have cabins, but she talked like those six might be reserved. Anyway she said her manager would call back tomorrow.

I was specifically requesting the first loop. She seemed confused. They definitely have cabins, but she talked like those six might be reserved. Anyway she said her manager would call back tomorrow.

Did you tell her you were THE Jim K, Mighty Pilot of America, Awesome Dude, Protector of the Realm, and First of His Name?

If other people aren’t aware, mention you’re with POA. Those cabins are supposed to be reserved for us until Jan 1 when they’ll open it up to everyone.

Did you tell her you were THE Jim K, Mighty Pilot, Awesome Dude, Protector of the Realm, and First of His Name?
Well, I did say I was a pilot....

I also said I was with poa, which was probably my mistake.

When i booked earlier, the lady i spoke to indicated one of those cabins may not be available due to renovation. She wasn't sure if it would be complete by then. just fyi

did u get this sorted out Jim?

Nah. When I have a problem I like to sit on it for a minimum of 3 days. Actually it's a little amazing I survived my engine issue. If they don't call Monday I'll ping them again.

Called back again today...

She said there was 2x 2BR, 1 bath cabins left, but one of those is in the second loop, so I took one with a note that I wanted 1st loop. Apparently they don't actually assign them until you show up, so I guess the solution is to get there early.

I also think I understood there to be 1x 2BR, 2BA in that first loop, which is not yet spoken for. So there's 1 cabin left? Maybe? This is all very stressful.:confused:

She said there was 2x 2BR, 1 bath cabins left, but one of those is in the second loop, so I took one with a note that I wanted 1st loop. Apparently they don't actually assign them until you show up, so I guess the solution is to get there early.

I also think I understood there to be 1x 2BR, 2BA in that first loop, which is not yet spoken for. So there's 1 cabin left? Maybe? This is all very stressful.:confused:
Thats exactly what I was told as well.. 6 units in the first loop and 1 may not be ready due to renovation by the time RR 2023 rolls around.

looks like the cabins booked quickly this year, that's awesome! there is still the entire other loop of cabins, it's just a farther walk from the runway. and also lodge rooms. I could be wrong but I believe either @zayerpaul and/or @cowman may have stayed in the other loop of cabins last year. I wouldn't think it's a huge deal, as we all hang at @RDUPilot the middle cabin in the closer loop at night then everyone goes back wherever to sleep. the folks with cars have been extremely generous with their ride-giving services, which we all appreciate very much.

looks like the cabins booked quickly this year, that's awesome! there is still the entire other loop of cabins, it's just a farther walk from the runway. and also lodge rooms. I could be wrong but I believe either @zayerpaul and/or @cowman may have stayed in the other loop of cabins last year. I wouldn't think it's a huge deal, as we all hang at @RDUPilot the middle cabin in the closer loop at night then everyone goes back wherever to sleep. the folks with cars have been extremely generous with their ride-giving services, which we all appreciate very much.
Uhhh lol.. Oh I am not getting that cabin again... believe that ish... :)

Booked the lodge. Hoping for ok weather. Considered bringing the Taj Mahtent but ultimately opted for indoors.

d41e7a7bb0f0836dc9e05ac70bd6a6e7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back