Route to Gastons

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I figured it'd be kind of fun to see how far/how long people are going graphically. Here's my plan, using tomorrow's winds, post yours!

1st leg (2:20 at 11,500ft) KAEG-V12-TCC-KBGD
2nd leg (2:30 at 11,500ft) BGD-IFI-V140-H71
3rd leg (1:25 at 5,500ft) H71-V140-HRO-3M0

And if anyone wants/needs a ride along that way, let me know.

Attachments

• gastonsmap.JPG
    gastonsmap.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 59
1st leg - M11-3M0 (2:01 @ 10,500') GPS Direct 288nm
2nd leg - Gaston's Lunch (1:05 @ table next to humming bird feeder)
3rd leg - Afternoon nap in a Gaston's van down by the river (unless I hear planes in the pattern)

:rolleyes:

Steve said:
2nd leg - Gaston's Lunch (1:05 @ table next to humming bird feeder)
I wanted that table! I see we will have to get there early!

Steve said:
3rd leg - Afternoon nap in a Gaston's van down by the river (unless I hear planes in the pattern)
What!?!? Doesn't the Grand Poobah need to be at his station! Perhaps you could nap next to the windsock? :p

Diana said:
I wanted that table! I see we will have to get there early!

What!?!? Doesn't the Grand Poobah need to be at his station! Perhaps you could nap next to the windsock? :p

Yeah, "Gaston's Approach" is *not* allowed to snooze on the job!

===

My route?

Leg 1: ADS-3M0, 293NM, 1:43 ETE.

Second leg: Ummm, yeah, like, over to the judging tent?

My plan is: IA24-3M0, about 3 hours. Then boatloads of fun all weekend, and back home sunday.

I am leaving today at 5:30 PM, UUV-2H2 -1:20 @ 6,500. Leaving plane at 2H2 and going to see new grandbaby, Mackenzie Marie Parker, born yesterday at 5:36PM. Camping and boating at Branson all week with my sister and nephew. Leaving 2H2 for 3M0 Saturday morning, .50 @ 2,500.
See ya all then.

SkyHog said:
I figured it'd be kind of fun to see how far/how long people are going graphically. Here's my plan, using tomorrow's winds, post yours!

1st leg (2:20 at 11,500ft) KAEG-V12-TCC-KBGD
2nd leg (2:30 at 11,500ft) BGD-IFI-V140-H71
3rd leg (1:25 at 5,500ft) H71-V140-HRO-3M0

And if anyone wants/needs a ride along that way, let me know.

Nick...are you stopping at any of the airports on your "NM airport" tour on the way to Gastons?

SkyHog said:

MSN -> 3M0. I did the airways thing last year. :D

KRST - KCID (or around there) - 3M0 - KCID (or around there) - KDSM - KRST

Leg 1: 9A1 NELLO GQO KCHA 6,000
Leg 2: KCHA JKS ARG FLP 3M0 10,000

Fresh off the navigation log!
C81 DPA PNT CAP FTZ KUBX (break) KUBX MAP 1M0 3M0
3:10 flight time, + an hour or more at KUBX

Mike - what time will you be at UBX? We can formation from there if you are going down Friday.

OK boys and girls, I'm in NY and bored already, so when exactly is gastons?
never really thought about making it, before that is.

NC19143 said:
Wow, TD it would be wonderful if you and Barb could make it. Look for BPK, Mountain Home, which is just south of the Missouria-AK state line in the midsection. The actual airport identifier for Gastons' is 3M0, it's 3300 feet of nicely kept grass. It does have a small "hump" 1000 feet from the west end at the north edge of the EW strip.

We will find a place for you and your bride if you make it. There are several of us with excess space, we're just waiting to see who makes it. People Arrive the 9th and 10th this month, most leave the afternoon of the 11th.

NC19143 said:

Next weekend starting Friday night ending Sunday afternoon.

NC19143 said:
Tom it's this coming weekend. Some of us are arriving Friday and leaving Monday. The rest are anywhere in between. The big Sunday Brunch will start about 10:30 or so. There will be lots of flying going on every day in all kinds of airplanes. I hope you can join us!

Next weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,, WoW

It sure would PO a lot of family if we took a powder on the family reunion. and it's a 3 day drive from here.

anyway thanks for all the kind offers. we better protect our rear and stay here.

bbchien said:
It does have a small "hump" 1000 feet from the west end at the north edge of the EW strip.

Thank you for not referring to it as Michaels Hump. Doc. ;)

Don't worry. I'll make a sign!

N2212R said:
Mike - what time will you be at UBX? We can formation from there if you are going down Friday.
The plan is for Thursday. Although I want to launch early, per my usual we probably won't get there until 1:30PM.

1C5 - VIH - 3M0
Over the top of STL, descending in the channel between Lindbergh and Cannon MOAs. Turns out that the father-in-law won't be with us after all, so we can do it non-stop.

Attachments

• gastons.PNG
    gastons.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 28
Lance F said:
Leg 1: 9A1 NELLO GQO KCHA 6,000
Leg 2: KCHA JKS ARG FLP 3M0 10,000

Thanks again, Lance. Last year I flew a /G plane and filed direct.

Bill Jennings said:
Thanks again, Lance. Last year I flew a /G plane and filed direct.
I know, but it only adds a minute or two to the flight plan; it shows me the GPSS still works; it gives me a VOR or two to document my VOR check; and it keeps Don Brown ( http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/182651-1.html ) happy.:D
See you Sat. AM.

Nick,

If you screw up your fueling in your head and have to stop at Tulsa. 0F8 (zero F eight) has the cheapest fuel around here. It's not the cheapest in the nation but rather just the cheapest around here. It's like landing at double eagle instead of ABQ.

Either one of two routes not sure if we will file or not yet

1) KLOM-I43-H88-3M0
first leg 345nm 3:00hrs second leg 372nm 3:10 final leg 132nm 1:06

or

2) KLOM-KFGX-3M0
first leg 405nm 3:30 final leg 440 nm3:45

Its gonna be a loooooooong trip

Brent Bradford said:
Nick,

If you screw up your fueling in your head and have to stop at Tulsa. 0F8 (zero F eight) has the cheapest fuel around here. It's not the cheapest in the nation but rather just the cheapest around here. It's like landing at double eagle instead of ABQ.

Yeah, I stopped there with Michael and Mark last year. The guy working there was kind of a jerk, and since I've already been there, I figured I'd go for a different airport. But I'll keep 0F8 in my head.

kOWX- HINES V14 VHP V11 CNG V305 ARG V140 INNAM -3M0

3hours,40 minutes 535 NM

I am looking forward to putting faces to all the excellent posts, i've been reading. I would certainly consider playing poker or eucher; but I am not relishing having my landings videotaped and broadcast!

Scott

Well I am planning to walk up stairs turn on the computer and log in to www.pilotsofamerica.com and read all the posts from Sunday on.

So if you can, type away and post a lot of pictures.

Bob

Don't worry, you'll get immediate feedback from the landing judges with the big scoring paddles....:rofl:

redcloud said:
,,,I am looking forward to putting faces to all the excellent posts, i've been reading. I would certainly consider playing poker or eucher; but I am not relishing having my landings videotaped and broadcast!

Scott

Last edited:
Thursday: JYO - JPU - CEV, 361nm, 2:35, overnighting with pilot friends.

Friday: CEV - PXV - BPK, 417nm, 3:00

Friday morning dawn takeoff Essex Skypark (W48) (northeast Baltimore). Transit through the ADIZ to Winchester, VA to meet up with John Clifford and son in their Citabria. First stop is Frankman Airport, West Virginia (4G7) to have breakfast in the 50s diner there. Then head west until we come to the Ohio River. Follow the river a long way, finally breaking off to the West for the last leg to Gastons. Dexter Muni (DXE), 228NM from Gastons, has an airport restaurant; we might stop there. It's a long way from MD/VA to Gastons but we can always pull up short and arrive Saturday morning if need be.

... Bill

flybill7 said:
Then head west until we come to the Ohio River. Follow the river a long way, finally breaking off to the West for the last leg to Gastons.
... Bill
Gosh, I've always wanted to fly somewhere following a river...that sounds neat!

Diana said:
Gosh, I've always wanted to fly somewhere following a river...that sounds neat!

We do a lot of river flying here in the Mid-Atlantic region. Got some good ones: Susquehanna in Pennsylvania, Potomac and Shenandoah in Virginia, Choptank, Chester, Nanticoke on the Eastern Shore.

Looks like a lot of good water around Gastons too...

... Bill

Ya'll steer directly to this VOR: CKH Just hit "Direct To" on the GPS. No worries!

Back