Rough day at work

Go up to airport. Meet a couple buddies at the hangar. Sit around let kids run around If they come up. Shoot the breeze. Watch the sunset. Talk planes.

Whisky. Always, whisky. With beer. Always whisky with beer. And hang with our dogs. Whisky, beer, dogs. And stare out at the runway from the back yard. Whisky, beer, dogs, runway. Then, uh, go flying, of course.

I actually go to work to escape and unwind from the laundry list of drama that inevitably awaits for me at home with having a 1st grader and whatever the neurotic quick-fire elem teachers are complaining about the day before. Work is the easy part these days.

Poker...get to turn mind off of everything else...expect donkin off chips.

Hmm...I work until 11pm so I go home and go to bed. haha Sorry you had a rough day :(

I actually go to work to escape and unwind from the laundry list of drama that inevitably awaits for me at home with having a 1st grader and whatever the neurotic quick-fire elem teachers are complaining about the day before. Work is the easy part these days.

Substitute "third grader" and we're living the same life.

For relief, I hang out with the dog. She wags her tail any time I come near.

I think you need an pilot job. If you’re in one, find another company to work for.

Here I’ll make you feel better. I went to the ER at the suggestion of my neurologist yesterday and got a nice precautionary CT scan and an industrial enema out of the deal, along with the same stuff you take to prep for a colonoscopy.

It’ll make you forget all about whatever piddly stuff is going on at work.

Interestingly it may have led to a huge clue about what’s going on with the right hand, and it may not be all neurological which would be spiffy.

But that’ll take another phone call to her and her last advice wasn’t exactly fun. Hahaha. She needs to up her party game considerably.

Here I’ll make you feel better. I went to the ER at the suggestion of my neurologist yesterday and got a nice precautionary CT scan and an industrial enema out of the deal, along with the same stuff you take to prep for a colonoscopy.

Interestingly it may have led to a huge clue about what’s going on with the right hand, and it may not be all neurological which would be spiffy.

But that’ll take another phone call to her and her last advice wasn’t exactly fun. Hahaha. She needs to up her party game considerably.
Please give more, err, less detail on the industrial enema. LOL No pics or video? :D

Nate, I can't imagine how you are dealing with this. Get well dang it!

Gun range.

It always helps to put a couple of hundred rounds through the AR15 whenever I’ve had a rough day, or even if I’m just a little depressed, or if The Voices tell me to.... :devil:

Seriously, I do enjoy a couple of rounds of trap in the evening, or did before our range closed. Grumble.

Go home kick my wife of 35 years out of the kitchen and cook...she always makes my day better...happened a lot lately with three lawsuits in ten days over an Aviation accident...god she can change my attitude in a heartbeat...hope I make it another 35....

Mass quantities of chocolate, preferably 65% or better. No FAA or LEOs to get in the way of flying or driving. As a bartender in a college town while in grad school, I held too many stupid kids heads over the toilet...definitely a deterrent for imbibing. Besides, my friends love me - I'm always the designated driver.

Please give more, err, less detail on the industrial enema. LOL No pics or video? :D

Nate, I can't imagine how you are dealing with this. Get well dang it!

Should have taken a pic of the doc and the nurse. Hahaha. Both were impressively cute. Can’t quite bring myself to write a Sac Arrow story about it though. :)

Might just be my preference for a girl in scrubs. Hahaha. Ask my wife. LOL.

Felt bad for the nurse. I know they do that stuff all the time but man... some fat old guy comes in and gets instantly less fat.

That was the funny part of it though. When you’re old and have a keg instead of a six pack, it’s actually pretty hard to tell when someone’s stomach is significantly distended. The doc was actually surprised when she came back to check on me before kicking me out...

“Your belly went away!”

LOL. If only it were that easy most of the time. Hahahaha. Straight to mini keg from full sized! :)

“Yeah, not quite Santa Claus anymore.”

The other creepy thing was Apple/modern tech storing WiFi credentials and dragging them forward through multiple devices.

Sitting in the waiting room I thought I should check to see if they had WiFi so I go to connect to it... and it’s already connected.

Oh yeah. The last time I was here, dad was dying after his stroke and we got on the WiFi to notify close family and friends in case they wanted to visit.

Ugh. Stupid phone remembered the WiFi. Same hospital. Hasn’t changed apparently. That was a touch surreal.

As far as “how to deal with it”... support group is hilarious.

I posted jokingly to our private support group asking who’d been through similar and how long they had gone... the answers were shocking. I’m a wimp apparently.

One dude went a MONTH. OMG no way in hell would I do that.

I’d be looking for a shady sushi place just to get the intestinal infection started long before that!!! Hahahaha. Hell, toss in a side order of parasites even! Hahahahaha.

That and docs are always fascinated whenever you tell them you have something rare. I’m sure she went and looked it up. LOL. Blank stare at first, lots of understanding a few minutes later. Ha. Smart doc. I just wonder if they have a system for that or if she just Google’s it. Hahahaha.

They tell you to never Google your medical issues ... :)

Anyway sorry. I can post this crap in the other thread. (See what I did there? Ahhhh... you’re a sharp one!)

Just wanted to make @Mtns2Skies feel better really.

I got an inappropriate laugh out of the brand name. Major ... what? LOL. Yeah that was major alright. Hahaha.

Oh and god that’s the most lemony thing I’ve ever tasted. Puckered my face right up. Awful!

6f0daf7bd9949138936b7634f658b96f.jpg

Usually a bad day at work means staying late, so I usually come home eat a cold dinner, and continue monitoring whatever was causing the problem, then get up early and go back to work. Unwinding has to wait for the weekend.

Fortunately the bad days like that are becoming rare because we've gotten better at what we do.

Rough day at work is usually complain to my wife about it. Something I learned early on in my career was to not stress about the day job. I save my stressing out for Cloud Nine and family. Working on the Cobra is also a good stress reliever.

But rough days at the office do happen, and if you become a pilot then there are still rough days - it's just that at least you're flying when they happen.

Hug my wife, hug my dog, practice piano, play with my wife, play with my dog, Jim Beam. No particular order required.

Sorry man...

Honestly, I usually go to the gym. Lift heavy weights, beat the punching bag, and then relax in the sauna and whirlpool facilities.

So they found something up your ass that was possibly interfering with proper hand function??? Cool

Going through a stressful time at work right now too. So I think I know a bit about how you're feeling.

At 9 this morning the Husky came out of the hangar for an hour of stop and goes on the pavement. I needed the practise and I needed to do something mentally absorbing to force me to concentrate on something other than the crap back at the office. It helped. A lot.

I play Fortnite for about an hour, then I dance around the house while listening to these guys: Saw them in San Diego, can't wait till they come back in October.

I try to leave the stupidity at the gate when I leave work, but on the days that really bother me, I stop at the Beacon Cafe on the way home and have the big BLT and grilled potatoes before heading home. Doesn’t alway make the stupidity go away, but the belly feels much better...

After a bad day, I get on the internet and troll some forums. I instantly feel better knowing there are people out there too stupid to know they have it easy.

No, wait... How do I delete this...

My way of unwinding is eating, which isn't good. Gone sugar free again the last 3 weeks to reel the weight back in. After a stressful 14 hour day yesterday I could really use 20 lbs of chocolate. I also unwind by watching baseball, but sometimes that winds me back up, being a Cubs fan and all. :oops:

I play Fortnite for about an hour, then I dance around the house while listening to these guys: Saw them in San Diego, can't wait till they come back in October.
Fortnite is so yesterday. LOL

Anyway sorry. I can post this crap in the other thread. (See what I did there? Ahhhh... you’re a sharp one!)

Just wanted to make @Mtns2Skies feel better really.

I got an inappropriate laugh out of the brand name. Major ... what? LOL. Yeah that was major alright. Hahaha.

Oh and god that’s the most lemony thing I’ve ever tasted. Puckered my face right up. Awful!
Not the best way to get alcohol. :(

6f0daf7bd9949138936b7634f658b96f.jpg

I had a big problem getting the system to jump start after a surgery a few years back, tried most everything, but it was a nice big glass of grape mag cirtrate on the rocks that got things flowing.

Things get bad I stop eating, start drinking. Bourbon preferably. Thankfully I don't have too many bad days. I don't deal with them terribly well.

I was a hard working dude when I was younger. Worked 4 jobs at one time and classes when I could. Worked 40+ hours a week at a civil engineering firm my Dad helped start, worked in a seafood restaurant, drove a kayak shuttle for people going down the river on the weekend and primed tobacco for my girlfriend's family.

At 20, Dad got released and bought out, he was going through some depression and things and just quit coming to work. At age 22, my supervisor quit and I was given his job. I had a couple of draftsmen and 9-12 field crew working for me. That is not typical in that industry, I wasn't licensed yet, but did everything and the primary PE would sign my plans. I rocked that job, had way more revenue than the guy before, didn't have any major or costly screw ups.

I had more clients than any of the other PE's. I had all the riffraff clients, not the clients building $20 million worth of apartments or single family lots a year. I had the clients that doing small developments, residential and commercial.

That job came with a lot of stress, no time off and a phone that never, ever stopped friggin ringing. And I drank a lot of beer to wash it off of me every night.

At 26, I lost that job because I stopped at a bar after work, brought a woman back to the office for fornication and got caught by the office kiss***. While discussing the incident with the CEO I told him I didn't want that job anymore, I wanted to be demoted, they didn't demoted me.

I've been careful not to put myself in a position like that again, I will not work that hard again, ever.

Back