Rockwell Lands With no Nosegear Video

Excellent work!

Even got the engine stopped before the nose came down. Hopefully avoided an engine IRAN.

Did make the same mistake we made in my forced landing. Should have gotten the heck out immediately. We sat there way too long in shock. When I smelled fuel it woke me up and we got moving quick, but we shouldn’t have sat there.

Did make the same mistake we made in my forced landing. Should have gotten the heck out immediately. We sat there way too long in shock. When I smelled fuel it woke me up and we got moving quick, but we shouldn’t have sat there.

I bet that’s more common than not…

One may want to add that to bottom of all emergency checklists, in event ya have the time to go through one just maybe having said/read “exit aircraft immediately once stopped” might -keyword might, get us in the mindset to do that. Not saying we would read it after emergency landing/crash but having read it after checking mags, master, etc having said it may put it in our mind.

not having been in that spot idk if it may help but just a thought- similar to my last runup item is “when my engine quits on THIS take off I will yell push and I will do so. “

Excellent work!

Even got the engine stopped before the nose came down. Hopefully avoided an engine IRAN.
Looks as if he "bumped" the starter to try to get the prop out of harms way!

Wow, that's awesome! Textbook work by the pilot. Without question this clip gets added to the newsbird's "good news" highlight reel. Sparks even.

Even if you're mentally prepared to sometimes you find something holding you up! I got snarled in a mis-routed headset cable on my engine out.

So there I was…

Massive emergency in the A4 Skyhawk, took a field arrestment after finding a reason to NOT eject, there were several that said we should!

I had the canopy coming up before the jet stopped in the arresting gear, disconnected uppers and lowers, O2, comm, g/suit, hopped up on the seat and as soon as the nose strut compressed I was ready to clear jump that bad boy.

RIGHT BEFORE I did, even over the roar of the engine I heard my instructor yell “Tools, shut the motor off….!!”

Oh ya.

Passenger door cracks open at -2:17 before the nose comes down.

Last edited:
Good job another successful emergency landing.

No luck there. See the prop sharply rotate a bit when the nose comes down? The blade on the left struck the runway.

That's a Lycoming-powered airplane. There's an AD regarding prop strikes, AD 2004-10-14:

upload_2022-12-9_14-46-20.png

upload_2022-12-9_14-48-20.png

I thought I heard the nose wheel steering cable came loose, wrapped on the gear door then prevented the nose gear from dropping. The other thing I had heard was ‘meticulous’ maintained overall. I guess Mr Murphy thought otherwise.

Yeah, it looked like the prop hit, kinda low priority overall.

As to getting out of the plane quickly, I’m neutral with that.

Back