Road Trip!

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
I'm dropping the work airplane off in Springfield Illinois next week, and since I have a whole bunch of time to kill, I was thinking of driving back to the Boston area. I was wondering where there would be some good places to stop along the way. I was thinking of going east to Indy, getting on I-70 to I-71, then getting on I-90 in Cleveland and taking that all the way home.

I might stop at the USAF Museum, but I went there about 5 years ago, so not sure. Wondering if stopping at the Indy Motor Speed way would be worth it (I am racing fan). What are some other suggestions? Anything cool in the Buffalo area?

Even if not a big horse racing fan, I’d suggest spending a day at the races in Saratoga. Meet is running every day except Tuesdays. Just a bit north of the interstate route at Albany.

@Groundpounder USAF Museum added a entire new hanger just recently. So they've moved everything around and have a few new exhibits.

Even if not a big horse racing fan, I’d suggest spending a day at the races in Saratoga. Meet is running every day except Tuesdays. Just a bit north of the interstate route at Albany.

The Saratoga area was a possible overnight stay for me, I might do that. Never been to a horse race before.

@Groundpounder USAF Museum added a entire new hanger just recently. So they've moved everything around and have a few new exhibits.

Good to know! Dayton is close enough to SPI that I could make it over there for my first overnight.

Make sure you treat yourself to a horseshoe for lunch before you leave SPRINGFIELD. Where you taking it standard aero ?

If you are a racing fan, you should love the museum at IMS as well as the track.

Best laid plans....got an offer to do a contract trip early next week, so I am dropping the airplane and airlining home.

Back